Headlight Upgrade on Post-Facelift Fabia Elegance

Hello, I have a Fabia MK2 1.6 TDI CR Elegance 2013 (post facelift) and I would like to upgrade the standard headlights to LEDs. I am completely new to this, and I have spent over an hour searching for the right answers on forums but to no avail. There is a lot of conflicting info on projector systems and H4 or H7 bulbs!

To put simply, please may somebody suggest to me the following:

• What HIDs/LED headlights should I upgrade to for my model?
  • Do I need to only buy the bulb or do I need any other accessories?
  • Does my model have the projector system and does each side use 2x H7, 2x H4 or 1x H7 for dipped and full beam?

Be aware, it is illegal to fit LED bulbs to units not certified for their use and an MOT fail.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ObviousPear said:

What HIDs/LED headlights should I upgrade to for my model?

You shouldn't; it's illegal, an MoT fail point, and won't work anyway because the focal point of halogens is different to that of plasma discharge or LED units.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paws4Thot said:

You shouldn't; it's illegal, an MoT fail point, and won't work anyway because the focal point of halogens is different to that of plasma discharge or LED units.

1 hour ago, Jocko said:

Be aware, it is illegal to fit LED bulbs to units not certified for their use and an MOT fail.

Understandable, thanks for the input. I didn't realise that HIDs were illegal such as with LEDs that I've just learnt about. I thought that the issue stemmed from modifying external lights (such as with the fitting or LED adapter etc.)

In which case, which halogen bulbs may you suggest that are whiter and brighter?

2 hours ago, ObviousPear said:

Understandable, thanks for the input. I didn't realise that HIDs were illegal such as with LEDs that I've just learnt about. I thought that the issue stemmed from modifying external lights (such as with the fitting or LED adapter etc.)

In which case, which halogen bulbs may you suggest that are whiter and brighter?

The usual recommendation is the latest version Osram NightBreaker.