Mib hardware problems - please advice.

Hi, 

On my unit I get the problems as in the photos attached. Sometimes, android auto shows flawless and sometimes... It's just some blobberish things on display. 

Even it is not displayed correctly, android auto works and the unit responds to commands. 

Any advice? What to do, where to start looking? Thank you. 

@pab67 any suggestions? 

image%3A97492 image%3A97491 image%3A97490

Posted (edited)

I don't understand why, uploading from android, crashed the previous uploaded photos.

Here are the correct photos.

WhatsAppImage2024-05-16at17_25_07.thumb.jpeg.fabe14a87acef122fb828417bffd37c1.jpeg

WhatsAppImage2024-05-16at17_25_13.thumb.jpeg.8c5f4f6e18fd8cf3f8bc91db0836dc12.jpeg

In this waze it is displayed absolutely normal, i made the blur.

WhatsAppImage2024-05-16at17_25_11.thumb.jpeg.9b8a2853b42f7c0a416bdcb96ecb0394.jpeg

WhatsAppImage2024-05-16at17_25_10.thumb.jpeg.4f17bec457c6fe1efe113f8ce93a5529.jpeg

Edited by Barbadata

I would try a new quality cable and even try a friend's phone.

@pab567 may have an update or other suggestion for yhe corrupted screen data. Presumably the screen does not sow these faults in general use, not Aa? 

Well sometimes it works flawless but sometimes just turns blubberish.

Cables are ok, triple checked :D

Phones are ok, tested with multiple phones (Samsung S21, S20, etc)

Firmware - just did the update.

I have only one USB port under the MIB 2, above the ashtray.

Q: If i replace only the box in the glove compartment, could I solve it?  Is it ok to change only that unit or I need to change also touchscreen and everything else ?!?!

I attached photo with hardware id and software.

Thank you

Imagine WhatsApp 2024-05-20 la 09.54.45_498db42a.jpg

1 minute ago, pab567 said:

IMHO the problem is either with one of RAM chips or i.MX6 processor.

So ... I know computer hardware :D but i supose that ram is soldered and also the cpu.

So there is necessary to replace something.

@pab567 can i change only this part? attached photo. 

Also ... i think that the USB port it's not "perfect". I had troubles pluging the usb cable at some point and I straighened the port. The deffect was also before me straightening the port.

s-l1600.webp

Yes, this is the part that must be replaced. You will also have to ask your Skoda dealer to remove components protection, recover FEC/SWaP codes assigned to your car as well as parametrization, coding and adaptations. Alternatively, new unit can be patched.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1