Skip to content

barn find felicia pickup.

Featured Replies

  • Author

Nipped up all the lines, lobbed some fluid in the top and gave it a squeeze. Pedal feels ****ty so more is needed, but if you press the pedal you can't move the drums and if you let off the pedal you can so that's SOME kind of win.

  • Replies 276
  • Views 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Welded up the drilled out spots on the back side drilled out for plug welds First tacks Fire dept violence and alignment grumbly tin Making sure we didn't get it too wrong All other

  • It's been a three day marathon, I'm knackered. I got the starter back on, clutch inspection plate back on, clutch hooked up and the electrics hooked back up. Started it up, chucked it in gear and

  • poked it with the air shears till I realised I couldn't turn a corner with them (maybe this is user error) then did the rest with a worn down, thus smaller and more manoeuvrable angle grinder disk.

Posted Images

  • Author

This has taken a LONG time to get out, the top of the strut being nicely rusted. but another round of heat, penetrant, and violence got the nut suddenly moving.
55564632018_d1a2d5efa6_c.jpg

That gets us this rotten old bouncy thingy out
55564632058_05d5bf03b8_c.jpg

As soon as I get some more money I'm going to get new ones that aren't so rusty.
I THINK I'm going gas, not oil as this isn't primarily going to be a load carrying vehicle.

The important question is:

What's that rubber stuff up at the top called because although I can get shocks from loads of places I'm struggling to locate the top hat bush thingy and that should be refreshed too I feel.

Actually bad form but probably this?: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404677052614

Of course I can't get the other side out, but if time got this one moving I expect the same magic can happen on the other side.

Edited by skoda_cat
adding ebay link

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.