30000 Mile Service approaching

ceepan

I have a Fabia Comfort SDI. The 30000 mile service is fast approaching. The rear window washer seems to have disconnected (again!). This has been fixed at both the 10000 and 20000 mile service. Is this a known problem? Also at the last two services the service reminder indicator dodn't come on befoe the service, it came on at about 1000 miles after. Is there something the dealer can do to stop this as it hasn't come on this time either.

Also I had to change my front tyres after 20000 due to excess wear on the outside of the passenger side and the inside of the driver side. The car isn't thrashed so I was quite disappointed with this. I have now put Michelins on it and these seem to be better. Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks,

Paul

Is the rear window washer disconnecting because the pipe is getting blocked with ice? If so, then using screenwash should resolve this...

My car came with Michelins and lasted about 30k though the tyres were barely legal. The Toyos I'm currently running haven't worn so well, but are a lot cheaper!

Rob.

Got my 50K service coming for my TDI within 4 weeks... :(

I'm looking forward to telling them NOT to plug anything into my ECU and change anything on there... :D They can take it for a spin if they wish though.

soon will be the big 60k service then jason (the cam belt change) and they can't change anything on your ecu.

The rear window washer seems to have disconnected (again!). This has been fixed at both the 10000 and 20000 mile service. Is this a known problem?

The Pipe is near the ecu down the back of the engine bay. If you use the rear washers and then feel around you will easily find it and it just pops back.

It is a common problem

The rear washer may also have popped off in the tailgate.

Very common on a ll VAG cars as the use a washer pipe that is split into sections. These are joined by push fit joints. I dab a little bit of superglue on the end before pushing them together, saves them coming apart again.

And if you have ABS the one up the front is a fiddly bastid!

You should get them to reset the service light with VAS 5051 or VAG 155/1/2. Get them to check the right data is set in the dash to start with and then reset it. It is possible to reset it on the dash but it doesnt allways work properly.

Cheers

Ross

wahoo... :bouncer:

As many know I've kind of fallen out with my local friendly dealer as they've had a few troubles etc with Skoda UK - say no more.

So I rang the dealer highly recommended to me by a certain representative of Skoda UK, in Barnstaple, North Devon, and got some prices for 50K and 60K service. And they're quite good value compared to where I used to go

50K service is only around

Also I had to change my front tyres after 20000 due to excess wear on the outside of the passenger side and the inside of the driver side. The car isn't thrashed so I was quite disappointed with this. I have now put Michelins on it and these seem to be better. Has anybody else had this problem?

Personally I don't think that changing tyres after 20,000 miles is that bad - modern tyres are more grippy etc but the downside is that they aren't going to last as long - c'est la vie!

Well my dad has an Octavia 1.TDi and he got 40000 miles out of his front tyres. Mine were changed to the rear after 13000, but when I got the 20000 mile service done I was told that the rears (previously fronts needed changed as they were almost illegal) Also, has anybody had trouble with the speakers (the small ones at the door mirrors and in the back doors near the windows)? I think that 3 out of the 4 are faulty as they seem to give extra vibrations. Are these covered by the warranty?