Maxidot display

Every now & again my Maxidot display comes on in German and loses the trip/average mpg display, usually ok next time the car is started

Anyone else experienced this?

Must remember to write down whats displayed:O

Pete :D

Yes I get this occasionally, and sometimes the radio information does not appear. It does not show when the sat nav unit starts up and goes straight to radio (i.e no start up screen).

Any ideas why?

Hi Pete' date=' Have you satnav fitted?. Iget the odd reading goes like this

zielfuehrung

nicht

aktiv

Something to do with satnav. Len[/quote']

Len I have sat nav fitted & yes that is the message I get:thumbup:

'nicht aktiv' I would guess means 'not active'

The 'Zielfuehrung' is a bit more tricky according to babelfish ziel means goal but the whole word is not recognised - are we sure it's German?:o

Perhaps Ray (Lummox) can shed some light

Yes I get this occasionally' date=' and sometimes the radio information does not appear. It does not show when the sat nav unit starts up and goes straight to radio (i.e no start up screen).

Any ideas why?[/quote']

Perhaps the Sat Nav needs re-booting?

Next time it happens I'll try ejecting the sat nav disc & re-inserting it :confused:

Pete:D

Len I have sat nav fitted & yes that is the message I get:thumbup:

'nicht aktiv' I would guess means 'not active'

The 'Zielfuehrung' is a bit more tricky according to babelfish ziel means goal but the whole word is not recognised - are we sure it's German?:o

Perhaps Ray (Lummox) can shed some light

The literal translation is 'goal guidance'. So it's the guidance to your goal which is 'nicht aktiv'.:cool: But don't ask me why:rofl:

The literal translation is 'goal guidance'. So it's the guidance to your goal which is 'nicht aktiv'.:cool: But don't ask me why:rofl:

The translation makes sense in a foreign sort of a way :orb_laugh

Pete:D

• 8 months later...

In addition to the 'goal guidance not set' german message - has any one had the top section of the Maxidot display (Radio/CD info) disappearing, with just the SatNav/temp info showing, or vice-versa, no temp/mileage info but you can see what music is playing?

In addition to the 'goal guidance not set' german message - has any one had the top section of the Maxidot display (Radio/CD info) disappearing, with just the SatNav/temp info showing, or vice-versa, no temp/mileage info but you can see what music is playing?

Yup - I get this too. Get the "Nicht Avtiv" message about once a week, and the top of the radio display disappears about once a fortnight if that. I did take it to the dealers for this and they just plugged it in to diagnostics and it said No Fault Found (I could do that :rolleyes:). When the top of the display disappears, turning the radio off and on makes no difference - just seems to work again once the car has sat for a bit.

My Sat Nav screen also goes blue now and again - always in the same location!? It returns to normal after a few seconds. Sometimes all the detail disappears apart from the roads. I just eject and reload the CD and all is okay again.

My car is at Brooklyn Skoda (Rugby) tomorrow for another problem - if they manage to sort that one (where two other main dealers have already failed), maybe I'll try them out with my other niggles :D

• 6 months later...

This is no big deal.; the unit has not activated on start-up, that is all. Simply push in and hold the computer control switch at the end of the right-hand stalk (both up & down positions work) and after a couple of seconds the maxidot display offers you the main menu.

Similar thing happened to me as well. Started my car the other day and my maxidot was in black and red colours (same as VW) and everything was in German with European units(liters, km).

Any idea why that happened would be welcome.

Thanks