Skip to content

AUTODOC, eBay, Amazon, or any specialty stores where do you usually have fewer issues finding the right fit?

Featured Replies

I started restoring the interior of my old car and now I realize there are way more little details than I thought

At first, I just wanted to replace the floor mats, but now I’ve moved on to the door handles, trim, door components, and all sorts of little things. I found some parts on AUTODOC, and RIDEX has a few as well. I also came across goCORE, but I don’t know anything about it yet.

The most important thing for me right now isn’t the lowest price, but making sure the part actually fits my specific model. I’ve already ordered a universal part once that looked great in the photo but turned out to be practically useless in the car.

Once you locate the correct parts Location can be important as far as getting delivery. EU, Non EU including UK, Rest of World outwith Europe.

There’s also spareto but I’ve bought some lower arms from there recently and then got a bill from DHL for import taxes that wasn’t really announced.

When it comes to selecting parts - it’s check, check and check again.

Do not rely on the make and model selection on the website. Autodoc presented brake disc sizes for all models even though they confirmed my model.

Progressive Parts (and others) list my engine as CJXA/DNFE when they’re the EA888 Gen3 and Gen4 with differences.

The Superpro Lower arms TRC1070 are advertised as applicable to basically every car made by VAG, yet they’re only applicable for Golf/Octavia. Because the Superb has a much wider track, as does the Audi RS3 which is suggested too.

Turns out the MQB chassis which is the MQB chassis is not the MQB chassis. It’s MQB-A0 (Fabia) MQB-A1 (Golf/Ovtavia) MQB-A2 (Q2, Ateca, Tiguan) and MQB-B (Superb, Passat). Nuances like that really make a difference.

On 24/09/2026 at 15:09, Fenix2121 said:

I started restoring the interior of my old car and now I realize there are way more little details than I thought

At first, I just wanted to replace the floor mats, but now I’ve moved on to the door handles, trim, door components, and all sorts of little things. I found some parts on AUTODOC, and RIDEX has a few as well. I also came across goCORE, but I don’t know anything about it yet.

The most important thing for me right now isn’t the lowest price, but making sure the part actually fits my specific model. I’ve already ordered a universal part once that looked great in the photo but turned out to be practically useless in the car.

For best fit rather than rock bottom price, it's easy, I have been using skoda-parts.com for many years, parts by Skoda/VW number, checked against your car's VIN, either original part or a decent quality alternative (often a choice of both), and you can still ask them further by sending a message if you are not sure. Some things are worth getting from Autodoc though, as they can be a lot less expensive for premium quality, for example zinc coated brake discs. But you really have to triple check part numbers with Autodoc, both Skoda and specific part manufacturer's, and make sure you get sent what you ordered and not a cheap alternative. It can be a fuss with Autodoc, but can be worth £100+ on a brake disc order alone when compared to say ECP.

As for UK suppliers, I occasionally use GSF or ECP as they are both local to me, but for any larger order than £50, like e.g. 2 quality rear suspension springs, I find GSF and ECP are often double the price of skoda-parts.

I do not order many used parts, but I have used ebay on odd occassion for these. HTH

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.