Skip to content

2 Cylinder Mode…..

Featured Replies

Anyone know where this nugget of info hides - when I collected our 2024SEL it was displayed on the dash whenever the motor was under light load, popped up there for weeks until I had a play with the various display screens - now it’s gone and despite some very time consuming searches, I can’t get it back………Google AI wrongly claims it’s included with the ‘consumption’ screen……..?

Anyone guidance greatly appreciated………

On my 25 with Columbus, it only displays in Eco mode.

Ours displays in normal mode, that's a 1.5 DSG. Don't set it to any other mode except sport by tapping lever backwards.

5 hours ago, Berisford said:

Anyone know where this nugget of info hides - when I collected our 2024SEL it was displayed on the dash whenever the motor was under light load, popped up there for weeks until I had a play with the various display screens - now it’s gone and despite some very time consuming searches, I can’t get it back………Google AI wrongly claims it’s included with the ‘consumption’ screen……..?

Anyone guidance greatly appreciated………

On my 25 Sportline 1.5 DSG it displays in the middle screen when I have MPG showing, this is in normal mode, hope this helps.

Edited by don_kiddik
corrected spelling

  • Author
46 minutes ago, don_kiddik said:

On my 25 Sportline 1.5 DSG it displays in the middle screen when I have MPG showing, this is in normal mode, hope this helps.

Yes that's where mine was, however, I can't get the MPG into the middle screen......!

Tap the bottom left hand button under the scroll wheel on right of steering wheel, then use scroll wheel to switch display to mpg.

Never seen it on my August 2024 registered Karoq 1.5TSi (150) SEL. It was always displayed on my previous 2018 Seat Leon FR 1.4 TSi (150).

I'll have to try the suggestion in the earlier post.

A friend with an Audi A3 Sportline with the same engine insists it has no 2-cylinder mode.

On 01/10/2026 at 07:11, sussamb said:

Tap the bottom left hand button under the scroll wheel on right of steering wheel, then use scroll wheel to switch display to mpg.

Scroll to overview, then press the scroll button to cycle between Since Start, Long Term and Refuelling. I have to do this very time we make an input into Google Maps because that places a map where that info is displayed.

What exactly do you see when in two cylinder mode??

No point comparing 1.0 TSI or 1.5 TSI ACT,s with a DQ200 DSG from different model years and 2.0 TSI,s or TDI,s with DQ381,s from differebt model years. Changes happened several times to what ever drive trains and DSG.

On 30/09/2026 at 17:38, Rbz5416 said:

On my 25 with Columbus, it only displays in Eco mode.

I cannot find this in eco or any other mode on the 2025 Karoq

  • Author
On 07/10/2026 at 13:02, royread said:

What exactly do you see when in two cylinder mode??

It’s a while since I noticed it but I’m sure it something like ‘2 Cylinder Mode Active/Deactivated’…….

  • Author
10 hours ago, survey said:

I cannot find this in eco or any other mode on the 2025 Karoq

I’m convinced the option has been removed by some software update on our 2024 model……..

40 minutes ago, Berisford said:

It’s a while since I noticed it but I’m sure it something like ‘2 Cylinder Mode Active/Deactivated’…….

I think you are correct. My earlier model year karoq had this. Ion my 2025 sportline I've tried every virtual cockpit screen in every mode and the icon doesn't show. I guess skoda have decided to delete the option.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.