Skip to content

Dsg gearbox fault. Now fixed but your thoughts please.

Featured Replies

So my parents 1.0 TSI DSG kamiq 24 plate had a gearbox warning come up. Ex Demo bought at 3 months old.

Called out Skoda assistance who sent the AA out. Diagnosed gearbox module issue.

Booked into Listers Skoda Coventry for investigation and rectification.

They had the car for a full week with me chasing them every day for updates on what they are doing to rectify it and return the car.

Kept telling me a softwate uodate had been done and not fixed it. And were waiting for further advice from Skoda Technical.

Basically just telling me anything they fancied leaving my elderly parents without a car for a whole week, that's a long story in itself.

So I finally got them to tell me today the car was fixed and a software update had now finally resolved the issue. They have not charged then for collecting and returning the car and have cleaned the car and dropped it off.

However the car had a max of 7k miles on it when they picked it up,it now has 8742 miles on so they have put 1700+ miles on the car. I accept there sometimes needs to be road tests done but would you accept 1700+ miles being added to your car without your express permission for an extended road test period if it was justifiably needed.

I'd say more than 240 miles a day for testing is totally unacceptable!

Do you have any proof of Odo reading before it went in?

  • Author
3 hours ago, Warrior193 said:

I'd say more than 240 miles a day for testing is totally unacceptable!

Do you have any proof of Odo reading before it went in?

Ye the AA reoport states she mileage before hand and my own diagnostixs I did before it went in also shows the mileage as well.

8885 on AA report and 8937 on my top Don (11099km) both between the 19th of Sept and 25th Sept before Skoda collected the car.

Their previous Superb they were doing a max of 3-4k miles a year as evidenced by the mot history milage.

And yes I totally agree it's totally unnaceptable and bot justifiable for road testing purposes. So they have put half my parents yearly mileage on the car in one week which also makes me think they have been potentially lying about what was happening with the car for the whole week.

The whole experience with the dealer fobinng me off and not keeping them updated has left a very sour taste in my mouth. I've literally had to chase them daily to get any answers our of the dealer and really give them both barrels down the phone as I live 60 miles away.

We are talking about a 88 and 75 year old here, left for a week without a car as mum can't drive at the moment and step dad could not be insured on a hire car, never offered a car from Skoda until I kicked off with them but would have had to sort temp insurance themselves if they could source a car from within the dealer network.

I am absolutely livid and so is my brother, my parents are annoyed but kind of happy to finally have the car back, but I'm fed up with them getting a bum deal especially after parting with 27k to the bloody dealership for a 3 month old demo. Knowing them they will acceot any rubbish the dealer tells them and not fight it.

  • Author

Last post should have read 6885 and 6937 miles and car returned with 8742 miles on it. So like I said at the very least 1500 excessive miles on the car. It would not have have been on more then maybe 7k miles when it was collected.

Rather than raise this here speak with the garage and ask why there is such a difference?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.