Coil pack gone

Drpepper

Yes folks it has happaned to me no. 2 cylinder has given up the ghost. My Skoda dealer claims that there is a large shipment of the type coilpacks heading for the UK. As ever when and if they turn up is anyone guess. In the meantime I have to use the other half Toyota Corrola 1.4 for my journeys to work!!!

Later

LLB

Taken from the Watchdog column in this weeks AutoExpress:

[i:d63973f756]Watchdog has been deluged with complaints from irate readers who own a VAG car with a 1.8T engine. Drivers from all marques have contacted us after being stranded at dealers waiting for replacement coil packs. The parts, vital to the ignition system, have failed because of the recent damp and cold weather, with moisture breaking through the seals, rendering the vehicle unusable....

We called VW, which admitted there was a problem. It said the parts would be delivered by Mid-February on a first come, first served basis and that cars made between 2000 and 2001 were worst affected.

"These are exceptional circumstances caused by bad weather, but the new parts have been modified so this won't happen again" said a spokesman[/i:d63973f756] (****** says I, I had 2 go in the summer :roll: ) [i:d63973f756]Volkswagen added that owners with cars built in this period can have the new coil packs fitted to avoid the failure. This also applies to Audis, Skodas and SEATs[/i:d63973f756]

Jon