Integrated Mobile Phone Car Kit

• 3 months later...

My dad has the Nokia Advanced Car Kit CK-7W installed in his passat, works brilliant. Pair up to 4 phones IIRC.

Even play your mp3 music off your phone through your stereo.

Great in call sound quality. Easy use control.

Thinking of getting one installed myself. Cheapest i can find at the moment is the carphone warehouse.

Nokia CK-7W Bluetooth 2 in 1 Carkit compatible with

My dad only had the bluetooth option fitted not the pop cable and never had the external speaker fitted either. sound works well through HU.

My dad has the Nokia Advanced Car Kit CK-7W installed in his passat, works brilliant. Pair up to 4 phones IIRC.

Even play your mp3 music off your phone through your stereo.

Great in call sound quality. Easy use control.

Thinking of getting one installed myself. Cheapest i can find at the moment is the carphone warehouse.

Nokia CK-7W Bluetooth 2 in 1 Carkit compatible with

My dad only had the bluetooth option fitted not the pop cable and never had the external speaker fitted either. sound works well through HU.

Much cheaper here:

Original Nokia CK-7W Bluetooth Advanced Car Kit CK7W - buy online L8Shop

I have one in my Leon.

After reading pretty much *all* the threads on here relating to bluetooth and handsfree kits, I am considering having either a Parrot 3200 or a Sony Ericsson KCB-700 kit installed.

The trouble is, I`m a bit of a snob, and like things to look perfect. I`m a little bit worried about having pikey-looking microphones hanging from the roof, wires trailing all over the place, and little plastic displays and cradles hanging from air vents (which is why I would prefer to have the OEM bluetooth/handsfree kit installed).

Does anyone have any photos of their Parrot or SE install handy, so that I can put my inner aesthete to rest?

Cheers,

Matt

After reading pretty much *all* the threads on here relating to bluetooth and handsfree kits, I am considering having either a Parrot 3200 or a Sony Ericsson KCB-700 kit installed.

The trouble is, I`m a bit of a snob, and like things to look perfect. I`m a little bit worried about having pikey-looking microphones hanging from the roof, wires trailing all over the place, and little plastic displays and cradles hanging from air vents (which is why I would prefer to have the OEM bluetooth/handsfree kit installed).

Does anyone have any photos of their Parrot or SE install handy, so that I can put my inner aesthete to rest?

Cheers,

Matt

both of them units to look smart as they have the caller display. The nokia kit above is discreat when installed. all you can see is a microphone mounted on the interior light and a multifunction button, mounted where you like. doesnt have a caller display though.

Cheers,

Matt

My Parrot CK3200 display is fitted just above the central vents in my Fabia.

All the wires are behind the glove boxx/stereo. I would take a photo, but it's raining :P

ive been looking at those thwo kits as well (sony and parrot) but ive got an orange m3100 from work and they dont get good reports when used with the parrot and limited features with the sony :thumbdwn: i might have to go with one of the basic on/off bluetooth kits.

anyone else used an m3100 or xda2 with either of the above?

Has anyone tried talking to a dealer about Skoda Bluetooth Kit. My car has it but it comes factory fitted. Works perfectly and I don't even take the phone out of the pocket to answer the call. I don't know if it's possible to fit it by a dealer but I believe so.

Bosnjo,

I sent them an email this morning regarding that. I think it was your earlier post which got me all excited about the idea of bluetooth integration.

As yet, no reply to the email. I may pop around to see them this afternoon.

Matt

ive been looking at those thwo kits as well (sony and parrot) but ive got an orange m3100 from work and they dont get good reports when used with the parrot and limited features with the sony :thumbdwn: i might have to go with one of the basic on/off bluetooth kits.

anyone else used an m3100 or xda2 with either of the above?

I have the M3100 and it works well with nokia kits.

Bluetooth isn't an option for UK spec cars I don't think.

SEAT have it.

There are some options we don't have for Portugal as well, but if you go and ask for it at the dealer, they order it and install (well, it takes 2-3 months to arrive from Czech Republic). For example, friend of mine wanted sport bumbers for the front and back. He went to the dealer and they placed the order, including new front fog lights as sport bumper takes different ones. Waited 3,5 months and then one morning for installation. Sport bumpers are not an option for Portugal (I guess they only come now with 2.0 TDI RS).

Bosnjo,

I sent them an email this morning regarding that. I think it was your earlier post which got me all excited about the idea of bluetooth integration.

As yet, no reply to the email. I may pop around to see them this afternoon.

Matt

Let me tell you, I've never had a bluetooth in the car, not even the earpiece blutooth. I'm so suprised with importance of having it in the car, that in the future, whenever I buy a new car (I hope to stay with Skoda) the first question will be the bluetooth. For the car I have now I haven't chosen any options as the car was in stock for 6 months so I got it with big discount. In the future, if the bluetooth means to wait 3-4 months for car delivery I'll wait. I simply don't want to have any car in the future without bluetooth.

One more thing. For me, it has to be original (Skoda) one, because that one connects to the Radio HU and MaxiDOT, so when phone rings, music shuts down, MaxiDOT says: "Incomming call" and shows the caller's number or name (if in your phonebook), and you hear phone ringing on your loudspeakers. Phonebook is transfered to the MaxiDOT on first use so whenever you use the phone, MaxiDOT display turns in to mobile phone display. For me it's big deal.

Hope this explain importancy of installing Skoda Bluetooth and I hope it can be ordered and installed by any Skoda dealer in the world (for me it makes sense).

Well, the dealer has replied, and have said that they can't retro-fit the integrated bluetooth/handfree setup. I`m a little disappointed that its not available, but I have moved on, undaunted.

I`ve been looking at some headunits which combine regular functionality with bluetooth. Has anyone had any experience with these? I saw in particular the Sony MEX BT5000 and the Clarion WXZ 468RMP.

Both of a similar price, around the £250-300 mark. I`d have to fund this by selling my beloved Dension, though!

Now, if I could only find a headunit which had bluetooth support, AND a USB connector so I could attach an external hard drive, then I`d be happy...

Any suggestions?

The 3100 should do caller ID, although it's a little phone specific. If any car kit is going to do caller ID, it'll be the Parrot kit - regular firmware updates available as well.

The 3300 has a GPS aerial on a long cable, which will need to be flat and not be too obstructed with its view of the sky (ie as little as possible) - see the "MFD2 is in" thread for mounting options for the GPS aerial.

The 3100 should do caller ID, although it's a little phone specific. If any car kit is going to do caller ID, it'll be the Parrot kit - regular firmware updates available as well.

The 3300 has a GPS aerial on a long cable, which will need to be flat and not be too obstructed with its view of the sky (ie as little as possible) - see the "MFD2 is in" thread for mounting options for the GPS aerial.

Looking at this thread I can't understand the obsession with bluetooth, you can get a normal hands free kit fitted by chameleon (as recommended by my skoda dealer) for a fraction of the price, works like a dream cuts out the radio, cd, mp3 player etc. oh and it makes wonderful telephone calls too.......................well there's a surprise !