1.3L felicia thermostat

hey there,

I dunno what the thermostats on these things are like but can u not just take it appart and clean it with hot water etc to try an fix it? Also i recently bought a sensor one of these for jus over a tenner from local motorfactors (assuming is same as Li) hope there is something of relevence in there for u :P

If yours is the plastic thermostat housing (which being a 98 model should be) it will cost around £50 from a main skoda dealer. If the clips have broken inside the housing like mine did, u will need to replace the full housing. I brought an older thermostat from JHM Butt and it was for the alloy housing, which i didnt realise til i got it. Very easy job to do yourself. hope this helps

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that.

I have got a thermostat and housing from the scrapyard.

When i install this on my car are there any seals or anything like that i need to get?

or is it just a plastic to plastic fit.

Also, to what torque should i tighten the screws/bolts that hold the housing on.

Thanks in advance.

ps - just to clarify, i am only swapping over the plastic housing that holds the thermostat. The housing is held by 3 screws/bolts, with one of these screws/bolts also securing the dip stick.

there are some seals that are situtated on the ends which u should be in the housing, mine got stuck to the engine so i just peeled it off and stuck it back on. they are there to stop the coolant from leaking out so if u haven't got them, u better get some. I brought the thermostat new so i got all mine with it but as long as they are in decent condition, u shouldn't need to replace them.

im not sure about the torque settings as i can't find my haynes manual. if i can find it i will let you kno

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Faulty thermostat is a common problem with the 1,3L engine. I have now my second Pickup and I have experienced this 4 times now.

At the end I went and bought a non-original part. And in this part the spring is not retained by some f..... plastic....

The thermostat comes in a steel pack with springs and everything. After putting this part in I have had no problems in the last 3 years!

Can't remember who made the part...but I can check it out.