Short Notice Meet(tm) - Tonight!

Quinten

Celebrating the fact that our glorious leader has passed the south east border, we are going to have a small get together tonight at the following pub:

The Mulberry Bush

Magpie Lane

Coleshill

Amersham

HP7 0LU

Google map: http://tinyurl.com/oxkno

He'll be signing autographs from 7.30pm onwards ;)

I woul dhave come if this was 6 years ago. I used to live 3 mins walk from there :rofl:

For those that are going, dont be confused by "The Magpie" pub at the end of Magpie lane.

However, The Magpie could make a great future meet venue as it has a big car park and is just 5mins from the M40

Why is it so difficult to get there from Rickmansworth, can you post some quicky directions from Amersham. Oh, and if I manage to get along I'll be there at about 6.30ish straight after work.

Directions from Amersham. Assuming you'll come along the A404 from Rickmansworth.

Follow the A404 through Little Chalfont, along the straight road (built up area) for a few miles and into the outskirts of Amersham. The road takes a 90 degree left hand bend and goes off down a long hill (Stanley Hill), past my old school :rofl:

At the bottom of the hil you'll reach a roundabout, go straight on (2nd exit), following signs for Beaconsfield and onto the Amersham Bypass.

3/4 mile on, at the next roundabout turn left, up Gore Hill

Participate in the Gore Hill Challenge and see how fast you can go up the hill before you reach the end of the 3 lane section of road ;)

From the top of the hill, the Magpies is only 2-3 mins on the right hand side, just after a right hand bend, opposite a large area of woodland. You really cant miss it.

See the attached file, the Magpies is the large car park next to the main road. From Rickamsworth you'll be coming south on the main road running through the picture (the main road runs through the missing black portion, what you can see is the layby to the side)

Incidentally, the "Mulberry Bush" could be a new name for the pub - but it was always The Magpies when I lived near. I dont think there is a pub where the marker indicates on Q's map.

The marker is the postcode marker that Google drops on it. Your aerial picture is spot on though, it is that pub I'm referring to.

Lowering it even further............:P :P :P

The bar can't get much lower with you and Des, but if anyone can go so low they can scrape the dregs off a clean barrel, it's me :D