For all the ebay savvy people..........

Pythix

Hope someone can point me to the correct solution.

I have purchased a set of four wheels, with tyres, off of ebay. I won the auction and met the reserve.

The seller has now said that there are a few more scratches than were described, and isn't going through with the sale. They are going to alledgedly repair and then relist the set. I believe it only just met the reserve as I placed a higger bid but the final price went green at this lower price.

What am I entitled to????? The wheels on being repaired, sold to me for the end price of the auction??? Is it OK to just say "Sorry, they were not as described, going to repair and relist"???

Do I have grounds for negative feedback and a comment backing it up????

I have written saying that I don't mind the change in condition, as I want them for track use anyway??

Please help, not that experienced at ebay if things go other than perfect?!?!?

i believe that once the auction has ended it is a legally binding contract between the buyer and the seller. you should report them to fleebay

Absolutly right.... I suspect someone has told them they could have asked more money for the wheels....

Report to ebay and leave negative feedback to this seller...Only problem is they will probably leave negative for you but you can follow up with what happened so other users can see the true reason for your negative...

C.

i believe that once the auction has ended it is a legally binding contract between the buyer and the seller. you should report them to fleebay

According to ebay it's leagally binding, I have yet to hear of anyone being forced into selling at the end of an auction. It's not fair, it's not right but hey, thats life, I can't see ebay doing anything other than pointing you to the generic links to their policies.

Hmmmmm, I just that I specifically picked them out and bid on them.......I wanted them. I have now got to just let them withdraw them??!?!?!?!? 'Repair them' and relist them only for me to go through the whole process again!!!! I said I don't mind the 'extra' damage.

Will have to see if they answer my mails now. I will certainly give them negative feedback, I think!!!

/P

Hmmmmm' date=' I just that I specifically picked them out and bid on them.......I wanted them. I have now got to just let them withdraw them??!?!?!?!? 'Repair them' and relist them only for me to go through the whole process again!!!! I said I don't mind the 'extra' damage.

Will have to see if they answer my mails now. I will certainly give them negative feedback, I think!!!

/P[/quote']

Thats all you can do, and report it to Ebay, not trying to appear negative but I pretty much guarentee they will do bugger all about it.

I am a bad guy as I sold some stuff through the company on Ebay, the auction said in big red letters that all items are subject to VAT at 17.5% and that amount will be added to the invoice at the end of the auction. One guy bid, won and paid Ex VAT, claimed not to have noticed the feck off huge notice on the auction. We bantered around for a while, he was not going to pay the VAT so I told him he was not having it. He said we have a legally binding contract, he left me negative feedback then reported it to ebay. Assuming he DID report it to ebay, as a seller I have heard diddly squat from them regarding the matter.

Essentially, Ebay really don't give a **** about clients (sellers or buyers), they just care about the fee's rolling in ... period.

Did you pay via paypal, they might be able to help?

Saying that I bought an allegedily brand new phone and paid via paypal. It turns out the phone is faulty and is refurbished, raised a complaint via paypal. They wanted me get a quote for repairs, etc at my own expensive with no reimbursment from the seller. So now I have a useless mobile that cost me £70 in a drawer, great.

It's a double edged sword. Either he's found someone who'll give him a higher price away from Ebay and has used the "more scratched" excuse to try and pull out the sale. I would insist on him emailing new photo's to back this up, against the photos off the auction. If he doesn't, something stinks and I say the above is true.

OR, if you insist on getting them and they ARE as bad as he says, then you'll have a set of tatty wheels, with the fact that he's warned you they're in worse condition than in the auction.

I'd say start with insisting on seeing new photo's first. :)

give him negative feedback but only get stuck in if he does not agree to sell them to you in the present state for the price you offered, whats the link to the item?

It's item 320021320924.

As you see from the question at the bottom, there are light scratches. I'm now told there is kerbing to one of the wheels and they are pulling the item.

:thumbdwn: