Door alignment

adamal

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the front door alignment on a Mk1 Octavia please. Passenger side has always been slightly out and there's a bit of wind noise coming in

Ta

If you open the door and look where the catch would sit and lock the door when closed, you will see there is a hook thing which can be moved when the hex bolts holding it in place are slightly loosend, not too much mind.make very slight adjustments, up, down, in and out, this will change the way the door sits when it's closed.

The ever so technical way of adjusting a door if it has dropped is to open the door, place a suitable block on a trolley jack and gently a bit at a time jack the vehicle up on the door.

However if you are a numpty I wouldnt advise doing this, leave it to the pros.

Thanks both, i'll have a look at adjusting the lock position. When the door closes, it sits slightly too tight to the pillar at the top, and not tight enough at the bottom, so this seems to be a possibility.:thumbup: