P.a.s Sensor Part Number

Hey

Mine went this morning :(

That was the scariest thing that I have ever experienced.

Went round a bend and it went light and went where it wanted!!!

I would never even think of putting a second hand one on!!

With that , god I am still shaking :( you dont want it to fail again

Sarah

Hi Paul

I think THAT was the scariest thing that I have ever done.

I was on the M60 and the steering went VERY VERY light

The car went where IT wanted an not to where I wanted to go.

Like you say , yes it is dangerous and I do think myself after experiencing that , do you think "Sorry" will help when you have to look afteran ill relation (or even worse)?

Sarah

Weird, must be the time of year for it.

I was tootling down the M6 on Sunday (keeping below 70mph honest occifer) and going round the bend at Jnc15, all of a sudden, light-heavy-light-heavy. At first I thought it was diesel on the road, then about 500 yards later, the PAS light came on. Got home, started next day, no PAS light. Hmmm... now this is the second time the car has done this, but then it was ok for over 6 weeks.

Not this time, PAS light came back on today, sigh, looks like I'm booking the car in yet again for more work.

Probably get them to change the temp sensor at the same time as I'm pretty sure that is acting up and my idle is getting a bit lumpier than it has been.

I'm just waiting for when I stop forking out on this car, I suppose I should be grateful I got 800 miles before this next batch of faults...I think.

to replace the steering sensor it is only 30mins to an hours work and i got new part on e bay as suggested by devonutopia so as long as is sensor its not so bad as i thought it would be........there are lots of posts on here

Yup - that guy on Ebay who gets the parts cheap is a top bloke. Rescued me many times from the mucky brown smelly stuff. :cool: Think it was actually monsieur VRStu who put me on to him first time around. :)

My power steering light started playing up last winter. Skoda changed the sensor but it never fixed the problem. Once the warm weather came it never did it again. Now its winter again it sometimes comes on when its been standing in freeezing cold weather. I think my fault is definatley temperature related as it never does it normally and once the cars been started and switched off and started again its fine for rest of day. I give them another ring me thinks. If i remember correctly they were going to reflash the ecu last time but it wouldnt respond.