My VRS TDI has landed

Pleased to say my new car has hit the shores and has arrived at the dealers.

Hope to pick up soon - Needs to be PDI'd and have mudflaps and sill covers fitted and then hopefully I can arrange to travel to deepest darkest Cornwall to collect it and drive it home back to Chester (The only downside I have experienced in using Autoebid - I guessed the winning dealer would be in Cornwall or Scotland!!)

Spoke to the dealer today and he stated the car looks very well with the sunset glass option (the first he'd seen with the option):

Octavia vRS Estate 2.0 TDI PD 170 in Race Blue

Options: 18" Zenith alloy wheels, Acoustic parking sensors - rear, Active front headrest system, Auto dimming rear view mirror/rain sensor + light assistant, Cruise control, Curtain airbags, Dual zone air conditioning, jumbo box + rear electric windows, Maxidot, Metallic - Race blue, Sunset Glass, Variable boot floor, Xenon headlights including headlight washers

All for

Pleased to say my new car has hit the shores and has arrived at the dealers.

Hope to pick up soon - Needs to be PDI'd and have mudflaps and sill covers fitted and then hopefully I can arrange to travel to deepest darkest Cornwall to collect it and drive it home back to Chester (The only downside I have experienced in using Autoebid - I guessed the winning dealer would be in Cornwall or Scotland!!)

Spoke to the dealer today and he stated the car looks very well with the sunset glass option (the first he'd seen with the option):

Octavia vRS Estate 2.0 TDI PD 170 in Race Blue

Options: 18" Zenith alloy wheels, Acoustic parking sensors - rear, Active front headrest system, Auto dimming rear view mirror/rain sensor + light assistant, Cruise control, Curtain airbags, Dual zone air conditioning, jumbo box + rear electric windows, Maxidot, Metallic - Race blue, Sunset Glass, Variable boot floor, Xenon headlights including headlight washers

All for

Price sounds reasonable, I used autoebid as a bargaining tool in the local dealers to get the price right on mine which is identical car except petrol and with just the 18" wheels, the electric pack the metallic and maxidot for £18.1k.

I did consider buying from them but the thought of parting with over £18k on the inter-nerd was a bit too scary!!

The only problem you've got now is resisting the temptation to thrash the B*&^%$cks off it fro the first 1000 miles!! Oh, yes and a repalcement for the crappy stereo!!

Is that the Roche dealership or the one near Falmouth

It is the Falmouth one - It seems they are keen on getting Autoebid business

I did consider buying from them but the thought of parting with over £18k on the inter-nerd was a bit too scary!!

You only have to pay the autobid fee over the internet. All the rest is done like any other deal i.e. £500 deposit to the dealer to place the order and balance paid when I collect the car

Not wishing to start any more Petrol vs Diesel debates I just hope I like it better than some posters on here

You'll love it! I got mine just over a week ago and I'm really impressed. Again, this isn't a debate thing. Each to their own.

Good luck with her. :thumbup:

Try collecting it Sat 4th then you can drop into the weston meet on your way back

As luck would have it, I plan to fly down to Newquay on the 4th November where the dealer will pick me up. If the car is ok (hope so - its a long way!!!) I'll be handing over my cash and driving the car back to Chester Saturday afternoon/evening so If I'm on time I will call in to the meet.

There is a yellow tdi one sitting at our dealers.

Think its just how you prefer your driving .Sometimes I enjoy petrol fun in mine.Sometimes I wish it delivered power like the wife's fabia vRS.

Enjoy!

Looks brilliant - the engine and body style I'd go for certainly, if I had the money!

Spec sounds perfect too. Enjoy :thumbup:

And at least the trip back to Chester allows you to familarise yourself and get a few miles under her belt at the same time :) :drivesaf:

Steve

Must admit planning a fuel stop every 250 - 300 mile is a pain in the but

see the summer ventectomy thread - up it by another 75+ miles!!

(that's ventectomy NOT vasectomy......)

Happy driving! Safe Journey (or as they say in Austria "Gute Fahrt!":rofl: )

Cheers:thumbup:

Bas