Rubbish fog lights

I agree with VRSPhil.

Most manufacturers are to blame anyway. They even advertise their cars now with " sporty spot lights" :rolleyes:

Little wonder the owners don't have the foggiest what they're really for. ;)

Don't get me going on Fog Lights again. I'M SICK TO DEATH OF D***HEADS BLINDING ME AT ALL HOURS OF THE DAY!.....I don't think they know they are committing an offence. IMO ALL fog lights should be banned. We just dont need them!! If you dont think they are bright enough....Tough. Think of others you are blinding firstpilgrim.............................................................................................................................................................. I feel better now;) :D

Fog lights have been essential down this way the last week, to the extent that I have been driving on sidelights and foglights. Dipped beam was off as the light was reflecting back that much resulting in me seeing nothing with it on.

Obviously when this is the case you slow down significantly, and when you are out of the fog you turn them off, but you do need them, at least at the rear.

I actually like the fog lights in the headlights as you don't end up with as many broken fog light lenses. Also the octy I ones are projector lenses which effects how the light is thrown, but while this adds little light to dipped beam (a good thing) I find it great in the thick fog.

Xenons are a blessing for fog ;)

I have used my fog lights a few times this year, probably less than 10 times though for genuine reasons.

I have used them to indicate to those who are blatently unable to work out when to use foglights or where the OFF switch is that it would be worth turning the frigging things off.

The way the VAG group light switch works is great for turning them off but I find it a royal PITB that you cannot flash the rear fog on it's own, as it means you cannot bring it to someone's attention they have their fog on without annoying the driver(s) up front :rolleyes:

:thumbup: Excellent VRSPhil :D :D

Xenons don't appear to reflect quite so much probably due to the light colour, but I guess the sharp cutoff at the 'high end' of the beam may be helping too, normal lights will bleed up/outward so probably get reflected more by the fog I suppose.

I'm actually surprised fog lights would ever be integrated into the main light unit for that reason, on a slightly separate note, foglights should be fairly low down to avoid getting blinded by them :)