Dutch4x4

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Have seen a side view, backend looks like a mundeno, agree that front looks like a volvo ( anyone recognise a eurobox design ).

Checked out the spec on a skoda website, the top of the range has so much electronic safety features, you wont be the driver any more :(

Steve

the top of the range has so much electronic safety features, you wont be the driver any more :(

Although, ignoring the L&K, the current top of the range is the 4x4 Elegance...so nothing really has changed... :D

Rob.

Word has it that the new DSG gearbox as found in the 3.2TT will find its way into the Octavia range somewhere. By all accounts that box is not too shabby......maybe in a RS

• 2 weeks later...

The new Octavia looks more updated. I believe this is in keeping with the "fashion" of the day. The S40, Audi A4 and Vectra all look similar in terms of the body line. Could it be that the designers are contracted from the same design firm or the designers job hopped?

It looks more of a car suitable for an executive in his 40s using it for official business. I am glad the RS is being kept till next year. Don't think it would look terribly impressive in it's present form

Well I like it. I think Skoda's conservative design approach is exactly what is needed. BMWs and Mercs used to be elegant - Mercedes now look like Hyundais and BMWs look like nothing on earth. Even Audi have stuck a great gaping grille on the front of their new models. I think the Fabia looked like a baby 80s/90s mercedes (don't laugh) and the Superb and Octavia continue that trend. Only Volvo is producing cars which look as classy. And anyway, the new Octavia will look much better as a vRS...

Skodas are for people who don't need to shout...

• 2 months later...

I've heard from somewhere that the new Octavia will not be in RS format for the time being. The RS will will be only available in the current style until they decide what to do. I don't care, I'm replacing my yellow RS with a yellow RS in Jan 05 before the launch of the new shape.

• 2 weeks later...