Skoda Snobs

scania666

Just wondering if its just me or do other Felicia owners get blanked by Octavia, Fabia and Superb owners:mad:

They dont get the chance- we pass them so fast they think its a flying cadbury's dairy milk wrapper!

mon the Felicia:D

we sheould get felicia owner stickes made up so we can recognise fellow mentalists

• 2 months later...
Im sorry but as a former member of the skoda owners club I have to say that simply isnt true, The owners club magazine had pictures of octavias and fabias on every other page. A great many of the owners club members drive vw era skodas.

There is a concentration there of fans of the older skoda's, but there was no more a anti VW era feeling there than there is an anti old skoda feeling here. I've seen some very misinformed anti old skoda posts around here, particularly back when I first signed up.

There was a trouble making element on their forum back when it existed who flamed modern skoda owners quite badly but such members were banned.

:) The Skoda Owners' Club G.B. welcomes owners and enthusiasts of ANY type or age of Skoda. Have a look on our website if you like.

www.skoda-owners-club.org

It's currently being updated, so there will be more content fairly soon.

Sorry for this blatant plug of our Club, I hope it isn't against the rules of this very good forum, but I as part of the S.O.C.G.B. committee I feel the need to correct the common misconception that we only cater for pre VW Skodas.

:D Interestingly I had just pulled out of Babraham, Cambs on to the A11 a few days ago in my battered old Estelle and the owner of a very nice Octavia vRS flashed his lights very excitedly at seeing my car! Was it anyone from this forum?

Im sorry but as a former member of the skoda owners club I have to say that simply isnt true, The owners club magazine had pictures of octavias and fabias on every other page. A great many of the owners club members drive vw era skodas.

There is a concentration there of fans of the older skoda's, but there was no more a anti VW era feeling there than there is an anti old skoda feeling here. I've seen some very misinformed anti old skoda posts around here, particularly back when I first signed up.

There was a trouble making element on their forum back when it existed who flamed modern skoda owners quite badly but such members were banned.

As a member, agree with you totally ugluk-

Its also true that the Skoda Owners Club has no issue with any other make of car, or its members owning any other make, its a car club for like minded people with an interest in the Skoda brand.

Just wondering if its just me or do other Felicia owners get blanked by Octavia, Fabia and Superb owners:mad:

I'm reading this as "on the road" rather than forums or shows. I was glad when I got my Fabia after an old style Polo as the Fabia looked like "a proper car" in today's traffic and "kept its place" rather than being dissed all the time.

That said, some drivers are just not nice and only acknowledge that another car is on the road if it's equal in "status" to theirs IMO. :shakehead Nowt to do with Skodas though.

Mo

*Glad to have decent "cage" around me*

Every Skoda I pass I look at to see if they are looking in my direction, if they are I flash or wave. I find as a Superb owner that many other Superb owners don't acknowledge me! Mainly because the ones in my area are driven by older gentleman and me looking young (young enough to still get ID'd to get into a club) does make me chuckle!

They dont get the chance- we pass them so fast they think its a flying cadbury's dairy milk wrapper!

mon the Felicia:D

we sheould get felicia owner stickes made up so we can recognise fellow mentalists

i think alot of octty owners (out in the real world, not on the site) dont know what a felicia looks like.

i spoke to some one the other day about the fact i had a skoda and so did he. he asked me were my car was? we were stood next to it with the doors open. he haddend even recognised it as a skoda.

its only the enlightned briskodians that can spot the flying fellys.