VAG-COM Automatic door locking?

DaveU

How can I set the doors to autolock when moving off and unlock when the engine is switched off?

I know you can ask the dealers to do it (or big K) but how can you do it yourself? Via VAG-COM?

yes they are, you can also turn on and off the beep when you locl/unlock the car and the sound of the std alarm in the cent. conv adaptation channel.

Haven't planned to go to the meet on Sunday Jeff.

Will have a play with vag-com and see how I get on but may take you up on your offer and make a trip round to see you if i get stuck! :thumbup: i'm west of the m25, by the m40

Thanks guys.

no probs, the feature is in module 46 in the adaption channel (10) and it will come up in english telling you what it is (not all do this). To be able to change anything it needs to be regestered.

Excellent. Did this today - takes about 30 seconds. What an excellent little mod! Thanks for your help guys.

Does anyone know where I might find a list of adaption channels so I can see what else can be played with? (did spend a while going round the Ross-Tech site but couldn't find them :( )

Excellent. Did this today - takes about 30 seconds. What an excellent little mod! Thanks for your help guys.

Does anyone know where I might find a list of adaption channels so I can see what else can be played with? (did spend a while going round the Ross-Tech site but couldn't find them :( )

Aha........you can do mine when you come over this way to get your alloys. :):thumbup:

vag-com is a diagnostics software written by Ross Tech and they allow you to monitor / change various aspects on your car. The software runs on a laptop which is connected to your VAG car through the OBD port allowing you to change the settings.

See http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/ for more info :)

Bengie, have a look at the first thread in this forum for info on VAG-COM software and the hardware you need to go with it. Oh, and welcome to Briskoda. :D

• 1 month later...

I like the sound of this mod. Also you can apparently set the remote to only open the drivers door, and open the rest on second press (Golf SE's seem to do this by default).

Anyway as my dealer dosn't want/know how to do this, anyone anywhere near Maidstone that would be able to do the honours?

Cheers

Jim.