!!!No Lights On Dashboard - Help!!!!!!

Joey122mac

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you try to jump the car how long are you leaving the car before you try and start yours and i assume the other car is running.

If your cells are dry then no amount of trying to charge/jump the car will help anyway.

I'd suggest getting it towed to home, topping up the cells with deionised water, and trying to charge the battery or calling out the AA etc if you have that cover and let them see you right.

Towed the car home tonight - What a nightmare

Latest update is:

Central locking alarm - key fob works - Lights work

However :

Horn, Dash lights, Electric windows dont work...

All fuses checked - Non were blown - I will check the battery again but I dont have a multimeter....

Anybody think of anything else that would be causing this strange behaviour? Do you think it is the ignition barrel?

Where is the diagram for the fuse box under the battery

Thanks

does sound like one of the major fuses has blown , seems odd though , that it was OK one minute and FUBARed the next

if the lights work and the engine turns over , i'm sure it wont be the battery

unless something i.e a wire ,has broken off the ignition barrel that wont be faulty as stuff turns on when you turn the key

Have you done anything to the car.....diy/cleaning whatever ....in the last fortnight where you may have inadvertantly knocked something and did not realise.

Ideally if you could get ur hands on a haynes manual and see what is common electrically to see if all the above are on the same circuit...for example a common earthing point or similar.

A VAG-COM scan will save a whole of of this 'if, but's and maybe's'.

I was trying to answer your other thread about the Fuses but there seems no point as you have already confirmed they are all fine.

When you try to start do you have a symbol that resembles a key on the dashboard?

this isn't going to help you,and don't flame me for saying it , but i did say it didn't sound like a battery , for the price you paid for the battery you could of got a cheap multimeter and tested the battery and other electrical components i.e. main fuses etc

to save the wait for VAGCOM , why dont you get it towed to the nearest VW,Skoda or Seat dealer and get them to check it for you , approx 1/2 hour labour and you should have the fault codes

Mine wouldnt start a couple of days back, and knew it was the battery as the interior trip comp dimmed and shown the horrid screen of death and the engine wouldnt even turn. Luckily I started my dads car and tried to jump it off that :o but his car was buggered too. Eventually it did jump off ok and has not been an issue. I do lots of short hop journeys at night and that day and the day before I had the doors open with the lights on etc testing the electrics so it was my own silly fault! :rolleyes:

Hope you get it sorted anyway :thumbup:

You think the engine has seized?? Why?

If the dash pod is down then it's going to do that as thats where the immobiliser is IIRC.

Not sure which fuse, try any one of f16, f17, f29, f43, f52 and f56 (Most of the instruments and control units) This box is located on the side of the dash on the drivers side. Also try F2 in the box under the bonnet (By ther battery)

All the fuses are labled and do not whatever you do try to bump start the car, use cables.

Did you do this?