New car!

Trufles

Hi, its been a while since i was here and each time was to ask about yet another problem with my 5 year old fabia and her love of lighting up the warning lights on the dash, well i finally had to admit defeat when i figured out she'd spent more time in the dealers garage than in my own and she is now resting in piece somewhere quietly as after trying to be nice to her, i have now traded her in!

I spent days traipsing round a variety of dealerships and sat in more cars than i have ever done in my life but after trying so many makes and models i found myself back at the trusty skoda dealer sitting in another fabia and fell in love with her, i think she's great, she's a fab colour - metallic flamenco red (typical girlie thing to mention i know, sorry!) has loads of great features not on my previous fabia (thanks to the plus pack put on at dealers cos she was the showroom model)

and she was much better value for money than any other car with similar spec so i had to go for her!

I took delivery of her just before xmas and have only just passed 100 miles on the clock but i'm totally loving it and am one happy skoda driver, she may not be flash, shes just the classic model, but she's perfect for me!

So, to anyone thats not fallen asleep with boredom at the wafflings of an excited woman, i am now the very proud owner of a brand spanking new skoda fabia!

I hope everyone had as happy a Christmas as i did and wish you all a wonderful new year with your skodas!

:orb_blow_

Flamenco Red is a cracking colour , its not just the girls who like nice colours you know! ;) I hope you have a lot of fun in your new Fabia in 2007 and beyond! Does the Classic now come with Elec windows and aircon , as I have seen several newish ones with those features?

Thanks, i'm loving my new xmas prezzi!

Yep, mine was the showroom version so it has a few nice extras but i think the air con and leccy windows are standard now and i'm looking forward to nice cold chocs from my air con glove box in the summer!

I'm also enjoying the novelty of being able to bore all those around me by keeping them updated with the outside temperature/ my mpg/journey time etc thanks to the neat little trip computer but my favourite has to be the remote central locking and the fact that i can open the boot (which also has a light in it - i'm pleased by simple things!!) from the outside without having to open the drivers door and pull the release handle like in my old fabia!

So far, although i've only had her a week, i cant fault her at all! She has all the features i'd expect from a much more expensive car and she drives like a dream - although i have to confess i'm finding it very difficult to drive her gently to break her in, she just feels like she wants to go!

Ive tried to take a few pics but the weathers a tad dull at the moment so the colour isnt coming out as nice as it truely is, but metallic flamenco red in my humble opinion, is a stunning shade but maybe i'm a tad biased!

I'm so chuffed with my new toy, she's definitely the best xmas prezzi i've ever had!

12606.attach

So your Classic is almost up to the Comfort/Ambiente spec now then! I have the Aircon/RCL/front elec windows and computer on mine too! Ive seen a few new-ish Fabias in Flamenco , and I always notice them , it is one of my favourite colours in the Fabia range , along with Highland Green. By the way is it the 1.2 3 cyl engine? and is it 55 or 64 BHP?(i.e 6 valve or 12 valve?)

Looking good by the way! (the car....;) )

It would look well in vRS trim, even better than the race blue one.

I was thinking that too! In fact , there are other colours in the range I'd like to see the vRS in , Highland Green being one , and Candy White , another!

Thanks everyone, yep i'm really happy with her!

Thanks Duncan, she's got quite a lot of extras so i was lucky with that, like you say its almost the next model up which is great for me! And yep, shes the 1.2, 3 cylinder 64 bhp.

Ive had her nearly two weeks now and have just passed 600 miles, ive been good even though its nearly killed me to drive her 'steadily' as the dealer put it, but she's really nice to drive and i'm getting 49mpg which i'm very happy with compared to my old car and for a small engine when i put my foot down she seems to have a lot of 'go' too, i took her for her first trip to yorkshire for the new year weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the drive!

:smrbow:

Sounds like a really lovely little car, and it looks really nice in that colour.

The newer Fabias are a world away from the early ones - it should serve you very well indeed, and its a cracking little engine! :thumbup: