What's my Superb worth???

The reason that suspension problems have not yet shown up in great numbers on the Superb is simply because Superbs are, on average, a lot younger than Passats.

If you want an acid test on resale values, see what your dealer will give you for your car with no trade in. Then compare it with a Passat of the same year.

I don't care what badge is stuck on the car as long as I know what it is, and what its strengths and weaknesses are. I make the point about the front suspension because I've been there on a Passat and it's not a nice job. Freeing the pinch bolts once a year makes a huge difference to how long it takes to replace the arms.

The great thing about a Forum like this one is that by sharing knowledge we can save people a lot of trouble and money.

rotodiesel.

Going by this criteria all cars are lemons as there isn't a make that doesn't need attention somewhere. I think we just need to remember there are other forums of other car makes having this same conversation. Anyone talk to a Merc owner these days? In the sector it's in all cars suffer depreciation and you have to factor that in when you decide on what you want. I always keep my car for up to 6 years after which depreciation ceases to be a real factor. I still say that for

Thanks for the extra pictures, I love my lemon too, great car, very comfortable, and all my customers seem to think so as well. Bags of leg room in the back, ideal for my business clients, plenty of toys for me to keep me happy, all in all a great car and for very little money.

Anyone have any of those lovely trade books with car values in? I might have to get rid of my Superb. Details as follows:

2004 '04' Plate

1.9 Tdi PD130 Comfort

Tiptronic gearbox

45000 miles

Full main dealer service history

Diamond Silver metallic

Usual Comfort Spec

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Chris

A car is only worth what it is book price, and to be fair NO car is seen as perfect in the industry. All have faults and plus's.

In all fairness I've owned two Octavias and a Fabia and it was the vRS Octy that was the lemon so to speak even though that was the most impressive out of all of them.

My Soup was a bargain at what I paid and in 6 months has lost hardly anything.

Lets face it at the end of the day all cars loose shed loads of money except those turds called Minis.

Good luck with your sale should it go ahead Fluffy.

Are you putting standard wheels on if you do...send me a PM with a price should you be getting rid.

Paul

• 4 months later...