Group Buy: Koni FSD/Eibach Kit - Octavia MkII & Fabia

Makefish

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Makefish

2. Bahnstormer vrs - Octy FSDs only

3. Fluffmeister - (1 diseased kidney for sale ... to assist in paying:) )

what happened to Chris BTW? is he still in?

Got two cars to Tax plus insurance end of this month so i had to pull out :( .

Ooh I say, these are rather nice :) . Had them fitted this morning and so far car feels more planted and just irons out the bumps in the road. Fabulous mod for anyone considering it :thumbup:

Bet you wish you'd put off paying the car tax now Chris! ;):D

Ooh I say, these are rather nice :) . Had them fitted this morning and so far car feels more planted and just irons out the bumps in the road. Fabulous mod for anyone considering it :thumbup:

I'm getting these in a few weeks time but my main reason for doing so is that I found the vRS to be very jittery and with a poor/harsh ride, particularly on corrugated and broken road surfaces.

Have the FSDs cured this? Do you have Rolls Royce ride with Lambo handling?

Any pics?

A before and after one to show the ride height reduction would be good.

Edit: Hold that as I will see it tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Guys, I am interested in this mod but as I live in India, could not participate in the group purchase. Can someone tell me if these shocks are suitable for the Octy 1 vRS model, as Octy 2 is not launched here. Also do they help in high speed cornering?

Guys, I am interested in this mod but as I live in India, could not participate in the group purchase. Can someone tell me if these shocks are suitable for the Octy 1 vRS model, as Octy 2 is not launched here. Also do they help in high speed cornering?

YES; Koni do a fitment of the FSDs for the Octavia I vRS; :D it is different to the fitment for the Octavia II.

Check out their website here;- Koni FSD. The first shock absorber offering superior road-holding without compromising comfort.

go to 'product' and then 'program' and scroll down to Skoda.

After that, 'cos I don't know if you would be able to buy them locally, you ought to be able to get them through Demon Tweeks at Demon Tweeks Motorsport, Motorcycle, Modifying, Parts and Accessories I know they will ship worldwide.

Good luck.:thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

HELP - PLEASE.

My Octavia is booked into JKM to get Koni FSDs fitted at the end of the month BUT I haven't taken delivery of it yet as it is somewhere on a ship crossing the North Sea at present (I've been told).

My dealer has the VIN number for the car and I had picked up from somewhere on Briskoda that they (my dealer), with the VIN number, can look at the build spec of the car and tell me whether it has the 50mm or 55mm front struts (need to know this to get the correct FSDs).

I have told them this but they say "can't be done & we'll have to measure the struts when we get the car" - this may be too late!

Can anyone tell me where on the Skoda database I can tell my dealer to look?

Phone Kate at JKM, I believe they can make an educated guess but she'll know for sure.

Thanks Stu; I've been talking to Kate and want to be a degree more certain that an 'educated guess'.

Awesome Sarah has suggested that my dealer ought to be able to get the Part No of the strut fitted to the car and we can work from there.

Here goes .......

Thanks Stu; I've been talking to Kate and want to be a degree more certain that an 'educated guess'.

Awesome Sarah has suggested that my dealer ought to be able to get the Part No of the strut fitted to the car and we can work from there.

Here goes .......

Sarah has simply suggested the same as me!!!

JKM have a fully paid up ETOS and are able to to get the part number of the strut using your chassis number just the same as the dealer can. In fact feck send me your chassis number by PM and I'll tell you!!

That said using the chassis number is still only an educated guess as you won't know for sure until you see the car.

I know there is a set of FSD's at JKM's waiting for you (55mm iirc) but should there be a need to swap them for the 50mm (which I doubt!) then I don't see this as a problem. Don't worry, it'll be fine :thumbup:

Mine are going on, 5th of April, any of you southern shandy drinking pooftah's around that day? 4 hours or so to annoy kate or annoy one of you :D :D :D

Mine are going on, 5th of April, any of you southern shandy drinking pooftah's around that day? 4 hours or so to annoy kate or annoy one of you :D :D :D

Got a feeling I'll be on holiday that day Tony so we can sort something out I think. :P

I know there is a set of FSD's at JKM's waiting for you (55mm iirc) but should there be a need to swap them for the 50mm (which I doubt!) then I don't see this as a problem. Don't worry, it'll be fine :thumbup:

I pm'd the VIN number of my car to VRStu who e-mailed me back with a .pdf file of an ETKA (whatever that stands for) with an exploded diagram of MY front suspension and notes telling me that the 'rubber bump stop' is 55mm. :thumbup:

The miracles of modern science. :cool:

I think I'll relax on this now and trust all will be OK; just worry about whetehr I will get the car in time!!! :eek:

Thanks to all you guys.

PS> Sorry fluffm.. but will be stuck in my office in London on the 5th!

Got a feeling I'll be on holiday that day Tony so we can sort something out I think. :P

Cheers mate :D We could gang up on Kate and squeeze her for some biiiiig discounts

• 2 weeks later...

Got Koni FSDs fitted to my Octavia vRS on Friday and, to coin a phrase, they do it exactly as it says on the tin!!

I had Koni Sports on my Fabia with standard springs and they made the ride quite firm and pretty jittery on broken/corrugated surfaces but with the expected tightening of the handling.

The Octavia vRS as standard is really nice and taught with great high speed handling BUT at the expense of the ride which is more jittery than my Fabia was; to the point of being uncomfortable.

Having now fitted Koni FSDs to the Octavia vRS there is no change to the taut handling, if anything it is a shade more taught BUT (and this is the best bit) the ride is now softer and definitely more comfortable.

Certain bits of local roads that would jar the Fabia/koni sports and buck the standard Octavia vRS are now suitably soft. I am not talking of Rolls Royce ride levels, you certainly know that you still have a sporty handling setup and can feel the wheels riding the bumps/broken tarmac, BUT the ride is now more than tolerably comfortable.

The best of both worlds? Definitely - for the spirited brisk driver for normal road. OK; if you want a track biased setup then other shocks/springs will probably do the job better; but for typical road use they are absolutely excellent.

I most certainly recommend them for any Octavia vRS to get a smoother ride. Other Octavias on normal suspension will get the benefit of improved/taughter handling without ruining the ride.

Final comment - they should be OE spec on the vRS!!

PS> VRStu and Makefish; thanks for coming down to JKM on Friday; it was great to meet you and chat.