Octy II Race Blue - swirl marks

Flanno

Only had cars with non metallic paint till now.

Can anyone tell me if the clearcoat on the Octy II in race blue is prone to picking up swirl marks (spider webbing) ? I just got my car the other day and it's not bright enough to tell if the dealer managed to screw up the pain when dewaxing the car. Hopefully not as the showroom model looked pretty spot on. But I get the impression the metallic does not reflect swirl marks as easily.

Well I have the car now and the garage seemed to do ok prepping it. No noticeable swirls in normal bright sunlight. And the metallic finish at least makes them harder to pick up then my last vRS which was red, non metallic. This means no need for me to use Scratch X when detailing. To be honest the swirls would probably show up under a halogen but not that obsessed I would even loook. Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

I think ever single paint finish in the world will have swirl marks no matter how hard you try. Mine is burnt orange but had the jewelultra applied to it so now can not wax, polish or use any other compund on it. However the finish is great but not without swirl marks.

Swirl marks are caused by grit on your sponge when washing, you can polish these out using a number of various products, won't go into that now but you can prevent swirl marks.

Use two buckets on with shampoo and a wash mitt, not a sponge as these trap grit.

In the second bucket fill this with warm water and put agrit guard in the bottom of the bucket, this bucket should be used to rinse out your wash mitt, you can also rub the mitt agaisnt the grit guard to remove, well grit.

The grit stays at the bottom of the bucket and is not transferred back onto the car. Also when washing do not use a circular motion, just a gentle back and forth motion. Also try not to use a chamois, 100% towels will do fine.

Des

As des has just said to have a swirl free car takes time and money.

Detailing word is a sight that i have just joined and i know its going to be bad as ill be spending daft money on cleaning products

As des has just said to have a swirl free car takes time and money.

Detailing word is a sight that i have just joined and i know its going to be bad as ill be spending daft money on cleaning products

Once the detailing world has you, you cannot escape, no matter how hard you try! :)

Des