1.9 TDi SLX Estate - leaks like a sieve!

skodaiw

Hi.

Rainwater ingress appears to be a real problem on the Octavia, here's a list of my problems!

I've got a pool of water in the offside rear footwell. I opened the offside rear door and water drips from the bottom edge. The seal on the body is soaking wet and it appears that the water is getting in that way.

Last year I had a problem with the nearside rear footwell getting wet. I cleaned out the sunroof drainage exit rubbers and all appeared to be well. Apart from the nearside rear seat now getting wet!

The boot floor gets damp too, I haven't got the faintest idea where it's getting in. I haven't used the car since I last mopped it up, so it leaks when it's stationary!

I'd be grateful for any advice on how to overcome these leaks.

Thanks.

Denis

Last year someone asked me to post a picture, apologies for the delay! Here you are.

100_4483.jpg

The worst leak I had on my GLX was from around the tailgate hinge housings, letting water into the side compartments. Sealed up with a bit of clear silicon, dry as a bone since! Don't know if your boot problem might be related...:confused:

Nice pic, BTW! :-D

Thanks for your reply but I've found out the reason for rain getting into the off-side rear footwell. The sealing membrane behind the door card had come unstuck from the door frame.

I had some work done on that door last year. I took it back to the garage that did the work. They tried to seal the existing membrane with no success so they fitted a new one.

Denis

Problem there mate is you left it in a field with the sunroof open :P

Seriously though, check the rubber seal around the handle that lock is in on the boot.

Also check the rear light clusters are sealed properly and that the windscreen washer hose isn't leaking in to the boot. (A search on the rear washer hose will reveal loads of info).

Have you had the pollen filter changed and all the leaves removed from around there too as thats an easy way to get water in the car?