leaking sun roof

Hi Derek

Have done this already with mine at Christmas.

Looking from above the sunroof you should be able to see a few screws that connect the closer the sunroof "dont try and unscrew from the glass, these are smaller screws that are inside the cab!!" Slide the glass out, dry and clean off the rubbers. Replace glass and seal with standard bath sealer "use the clear stuff" And then you will have a dry car!!

Brian Cambs

I removed the glass, then removed the entire seal and cleaned the paint/metalwork edge and also cleaned the seal out good and proper. I used a brown coloured semi setting sealant like builders use sealing patio doors to brickwork..just cos I had some lying around:O :o .

Apart from the fact I had to do a bit more cleaning up than was strictly necessary it has worked perfectly and Mrs A is delighted not having to drive to work with a wet bum these day

Gotta Go its Top Gear!!

Alfie 168

• 1 month later...

you don't state where it's leaking from d smith

it could be between the glass and rubber seal

between the rubber seal and frame

between the frame and roof

or from one of the glazing bolt fixtures

I took the Felicia to a local, bournemouth,car body specilist who did a first class job of cleaning and bedding in the glass panel in a neoprene flexible solution.It is now fully sealed and waterproof. Job done!

Guest skodapenguin

I did a (not very professional but very effective) job on mine just using some glue that cost a fiver from Halfords! I think it was called loctite. I just cleaned the seals then closed the sunroof and splodged the glue in! Very successful but was gutted when the mechanic said vaseline would have fixed it, as have others on here! But failing vaseline, loctite definately works and I didn't remove any screws or anything!!

Whats your point!

just asking if your sunroof still works, from your description of repairs it sounds like you've had the sunroof sealed shut

curiosity really, i was a sunroof fitter at Webasto for 15 years

• 3 months later...

i duct taped mine up on my favorit. tried some bath sealant sticky strip stuff on the glass from b and q but that didn't work. prior to the duct tape the sun roof also made noise at higher speeds suggesting to me it's quite a bad leak.

• 2 weeks later...

DO NOT USE VASELINE ON RUBBER!

The petroleum distilates eat rubber. You should use silicone spray oil instead for your rubber seals. I put vaseline on rubber seals in my car after reading this thread thinking it was a good idea with the leaks I have, but went away to fully research it and came back to warn you guys off it.