Supermarket carparks

tefal1

I dont know if this is a nationwide problem but where i live it seems nobody can park their car in a supermarket nowadays without hitting their car door off the one next to them! I have had it done to me even when the person doing it has seen me sitting in the car it seems nobody cares about other peoples property that much anymore.:mad:

i always park well out of the way on the supermarket carpark , but there is always someone who will park next to you

thankfully , finds some wood to touch , i've never had my panels knocked

My girlfriend was slaughtered on here ages ago because she parks her Octy VRS over 2 spaces, yet miles away from the supermarket entrances, as she isn't idle or lazy and would prefer to walk rather than have her car damaged by mindless idiots.

You're right though - no one gives a stuff for other people's possessions.

My girlfriend was slaughtered on here ages ago because she parks her Octy VRS over 2 spaces, yet miles away from the supermarket entrances, as she isn't idle or lazy and would prefer to walk rather than have her car damaged by mindless idiots.

You're right though - no one gives a stuff for other people's possessions.

I agree totally although some idiot would probably know thats why she has parked over two bays and so far away and target the car on purpose it costs enough money to keep a car on the road today without worrying about leaving it unattended.

It doesnt help that they make the bays so narrow - suppose they think they gonna get more customers in that way - had the same problem in work , to try and cope with lack of parking space they repainted the bays narrower so now you cant open car doors if you park properly, youre too near trhe adjacent cars !!!!!

Completely agree. Had my doors knocked twice in one shopping trip (front doors each side) and both while ww_vrs was sat in the car :mad:

At Tesco last week people parked halfway between walkway and trolley ba and took trolley to walkway :confused:

I had a near miss at the local DIY shop the other week - I parked at the far end of the car park where they have a couple of spaces where you park end-to-end at the edge - no chance of getting the doors bashed at least.

I stuck the car in reverse, parking sensors went mad and I assumed it was the grass at the side of the space, started to reverse, glanced in the mirror - someone had left a trolley right by the back of the car. I was about 5cm from hitting it. It was hidden by the car as I walked towards it so I never saw it.

Bloody inconsiderate people, the trolley park was about 10m away.

Re trolleys, you'll know they made them £1-deposit fixed-together ones no doubt, primarily to stop them being nicked altogether presumably. Of course, it doesn't help when they sell discs in some shops advertised as "fitting supermarket trolleys" :rolleyes:

Rarely use trolleys myself. The thought of me trying to control a full one on a slope would be dafter than putting me behind the wheel of a car - well, unless it was the back wheel and you wanted to run me over when I ran out of coats I suppose :D

Mo

I had a near miss at the local DIY shop the other week - I parked at the far end of the car park where they have a couple of spaces where you park end-to-end at the edge - no chance of getting the doors bashed at least.

I stuck the car in reverse, parking sensors went mad and I assumed it was the grass at the side of the space, started to reverse, glanced in the mirror - someone had left a trolley right by the back of the car. I was about 5cm from hitting it. It was hidden by the car as I walked towards it so I never saw it.

Bloody inconsiderate people, the trolley park was about 10m away.

Damn those foreigners ;)

I park at the back across two spaces and I don't care whether people think I'm a **** for doing it - I've never had a ding :thumbup:

In my defense I don't tend to go when it's busy so I inconvenience nobody.