Supaguard or other protective products

I was considering taking the supaguard treatment on my Octavia vRS before I took the keys but decided against it as i didn't see the value in it. Also my dad had it done on his octavia estate and he has been very disappointed with it. The shine on the paintwork went in a couple of months. But I'm interested in getting hold of some protector spray for the interior. My dad has tried to get hold of some but they won't supply it to the public on health and safety grounds. even though the alloy wheel cleaner they'll supply is more toxic. Mad. Does anyone out there know where I could get some or recommend another product I could use to keep my seats in tip top condition. Thanks.

Do you mean something like this?

Supagard.jpg

I bought it on Ebay about 2 days before I got made redundant and my Octy Mk 1 vRS estate had to go back to the lease company, so I never got round to using it.

My Octy Mk II Elegance has black seats so not going to bother with it - so I guess its up for sale if you are interested.

Havent got a clue what I paid for it - will have a look on Ebay to see what the going rate is!

You'd be better off investing in some quality detailing products from meguiars, autoglym etc...

I just got my new vRS a month ago but weather has been so bad I have had no chance to detail it yet, but when I do it will be clayed, paint will be cleaned, polished and waxed.

I'm with you tomo. I far rather do the same jobs myself with good products like autoglym, especially for the paint work. Just i've heard good things about the fabric protector. definately not worth getting the dealer to do it. Plus my dad thinks you can never be sure who's applied it and how well it's been done. Money wasted i think.

Do you mean something like this?

Supagard.jpg

I bought it on Ebay about 2 days before I got made redundant and my Octy Mk 1 vRS estate had to go back to the lease company, so I never got round to using it.

My Octy Mk II Elegance has black seats so not going to bother with it - so I guess its up for sale if you are interested.

Havent got a clue what I paid for it - will have a look on Ebay to see what the going rate is!

eerrrrrr.......It's says "Professional use Only", No good to you then...:rofl:

Autoglym products have impressed me in the past. I am really sceptical of dealer endorsed/provided protective 'coatings'.

This boils down to two things:

In the film 'Fargo' reference is made to the importance of adding 'truecoat' to a new car. Reminds me of all the crap my Dad told me about sold in the 1960s and 70s to protect cars. Also, when I had some stone chips done for me on a second hand Golf, by a guy doing a foriegner, he recommended a protection system to me that he could get for me loads cheaper than for what the dealer sold it for. I was bothered about this because the dealer was making a priofit, and so was he even though he offered it much cheaper. Almost reminded me of that pyramid selling rubbish you see with companies like JPS.

My instinct smells a rat with this kind of thing. A bottle of Mer or Autoglym seems better and more realistically priced. Maybe I'm wrong?

My dealer never offered me the supagard stuff.....I would have said no anyway!

Now if they had said 'truecoat'! :)

M

M

I bought the supagard pro pack from eBay for about £20, comes with paint seal, fabric protectore, wheels protector, dash and plastic spray and appropriate applicators (sponge etc). I'm going to give it a try on my new car which I get on Thursday, probably best to apply it to a car without a fresh coat of polish, though :|

Dave.

303 Hi Tec fabric guard available through Clean Your Car - the best car wax, car polish and car care products UK - Great for fabric seats, carpets etc..

Alternatively, if you are looking to protect the Alcantara on vRS seats then that product can be a little "Heavy" The best product I have found for the Alcantara is Suede Shoe protector available from any supermarket or Shoe shop.. Its a nice light product which doesnt alter the texture of the alcantara and mists on very gently.

I used to sell Supaguard and thought it was overcharged by the dealer. In its defence, I did see some older cars which had had it applied and maintained for many years and the paintwork look fabulous. Also Supagaurd offered a guarantee for lost keys and if you stain a seat and can