Best MPG?

Downzee

I was driving from the NEC (brum) to home recently and managed to get an average mMPG (accordinng to the onboard computer) of 76.3 from my 2001 1.9 TDI Octavia Estate 110bhp.

That's over a journey of 70+ miles.

Has anyone managed any better?

I was driving from the NEC (brum) to home recently and managed to get an average mMPG (accordinng to the onboard computer) of 76.3 from my 2001 1.9 TDI Octavia Estate 110bhp.

That's over a journey of 70+ miles.

Has anyone managed any better?

surely it must have taken several days for you to get home to achieve that sort of MPG ;):rofl:

surely it must have taken several days for you to get home to achieve that sort of MPG ;):rofl:

Yep - I was driving like sombody twice my age. But I was determined to beat the 72mpg that the previous owner achieved. I saw him the next day and gleefully told him. Pete - the previous owner - had the car from new. I'd had it about 2 months. I was a bit smug but we did have a good laugh about it.

D

My best was 44.5 mpg on the M1 between Dublin and Belfast. Driving like a grandad with aircon off.

Worst was 8.4 mpg on a trackday at Knockhill, driving like I stole it :D:D:D

It's a remapped vRS (as below :):))

Picked my Mk1 Estate VRS up on Saturday, I was impressed to find even with a steady 90-mph cruise on the M6 it achived 31.6mpg. :)

Driving into work this morning (about four miles, very slow traffic), it hovered around 13 - 16 mpg :eek:

Still, it's worth it...:D

• 3 weeks later...

I managed this today without even trying! :eek:

I filled it up last night, resetting the trip on the right hand side when I did so, and then did a fairly typical round trip today, 60% motorway, 20% town, 20% B-roads. The figure on the left is from the return journey - it wasn't nearly that good this morning ;) Look how much is left in the tank too.

Sometimes heavy traffic on the motorway (steady 55 amongst all the big lorries) is a blessing. Increase congestion (slightly) and save the planet! :rofl:

J

13853.attach