Would you buy another Octavia?

I would,

Nearly two years now with 45,000 km on counter and it runs really well! :)

Doors do make some noise (especially over bumps) - plastic used is too hard, but something i can live with.

All together I'm very satisfied with it! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have !

7 years on with a 4*4 - 100K of happy motoring .

The car has been brilliant - there have been a couple of failures but I have used 4 different dealers around the country for servicing and each has provided the same consistently good service .

I tried hard to look at other cars , but in the end its was the confidence in the dealers

that clinched it plus a very good Mk 1 car .

Here's hoping with the Scout ...... but it is a gamble , I admit .

Steve W

I just have !

7 years on with a 4*4 - 100K of happy motoring .

The car has been brilliant - there have been a couple of failures but I have used 4 different dealers around the country for servicing and each has provided the same consistently good service .

I tried hard to look at other cars , but in the end its was the confidence in the dealers

that clinched it plus a very good Mk 1 car .

Here's hoping with the Scout ...... but it is a gamble , I admit .

Steve W

Nice choice, for me the scout is the only Mk2 Octy I really like. It has that extra bit of difference, the rest just look so run of the mill

I'll have another.

On second one now, SWMBO has one as well.

Niggly faults, DIRE dealerships, but you'd get the same with a VW.

PSA group flog crap with worse cust. service

Ford fair cars, strange warranty cover, curious servicing practices, odder salesmen

Stick to what you know

• 1 month later...

Definitely. The first one was a 1.8 T with an auto box which flew and the current one is a 2.0 TDi with DSG and an annoying airbag light that won't go out, despite being fixed by the dealer a few months ago...so I'm having to go back and sort it again. That said, when the next decent finance offer comes around...

• 1 month later...

I have run a 1.9 Tdi Ambiente hatchback for 98.5k miles over a 3.5 year period.

The only faults have been a defective cruise control switch and a leaking fuel filter housing. Both problems occurred outside of the 60k mile warranty, but were recitified by my locla dealer promptly.

I've just ordered a replacement; this time a 2.0 Tdi Elegance hatchback :)

Absolutely YES.

This is my first, owned from new when the vRS mk2 first came out. 30k miles so far, 1 service - never been near the dealer since. Fantastic for covering long distances quickly and excellent family transport ( can easily lug all our crap to France & back for a two week holiday and there are 4 of us - hatch back too!).

Just check out the Auto Express driver power survey, two 1st places & a 2nd. Doesnt get much better than that IMO. People go on about crappy dealers but no matter what brand of car you go for you can always get iffy service, its the people at the end of the day and most of them do the rounds and go from dealer to dealer anyway.

Put simply, after just over 2 years of ownership I sill think the Octavia is fantastic value for money - a great car! Admittedly the new Mondeo look good but it will be as common as muck in a few years and you can almost guarantee its depreciation will drop off a cliff.

ATB, Jon.

Would i buy another?

Hmmmm, based on the Car as a whole - Yes (probably would only consider vRS Spec though), and wouldn't get Black...

Based on the Customer Service from Skoda themselves (give or take some of the actual Decent dealerships about) - No. It's appaling.

Octy 1 L&K 110 tdi, if they still made it Yes, Octy 2 No, there are just too many stories on anoying nigles

Stu, seen you at last Star meet but didnt get chance to talk, the Jap speed machine looks the nuts and sounds awesome.

Octy 2, car wise ive found good (had 2 new ones in last 12 months) no rattles or stuff that annoys. Trouble is the TFSI lump, standard it's good.

But as i have found to my frustration is that when you 'mod it',it becomes rather troublesome.

Defiantly not!!! Never owned such an unreliable car and no decent dealer any longer around me so I know its more of the same but I'm going for a Passat 140 DSG sport next time or a 4motion model if they offer 4x4 and DSG by the time my contracts due up! Skoda top 3 most reliable car? Not if somebody rang me it wouldn't be!