How Do You Drive Diesels

Quetz VRS

Who do ya treat your diesel  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who do ya treat your diesel

• Like Granny
    • Rev it now and then
    • Rev it all the time
    • Sorry cann't here ya!! (Rev its nutz off)

i drive mine like im being chased by the cops. :D always seems 2 be a boy racer out there lookin for a go. or is it just me? :rolleyes: but dont ever go in the red,always change up in time. :thumbup:

I agree:thumbup:

I usually change up at 3000rpm, but if I'm in a hurry I'll double my speed going from 2000 to 4000. Let it go to the red line every couple of days to keep the variable vanes nice and free. Lasts 27,000 miles between services! :eek:

J

The TDCI engine in the Mondeo i now have seems to like being revved... to be fair though once the torque kicks in at around 1800-200rpm it doesnt take long for the revs to hit 4500rpm and the power tails off a little.

Still you've got to love 47mpg average when your driving it hard !

70 - 100 is very easy and as quick as the vRS (octy) i had before it but i do miss the overall reach the octy had.