My lights are DIMMED!!!

teej

Greetings all...

Driving home recently in the dark in my 2001 Fabia Classic, a number of motorists flashed me. I checked my lights and all was normal.

A few moments later, I turned the corner to face some guy who suddenly went on a flashing craze!! I flashed him back but he seemed unditurbed from his errand to flash his lights in some state of uber road rage! (does anyone else get annoyed with motorists like that?)

Any thoughts anyone? I've since turned my light direction from position 0 to 1. This seems to have stopped people flashing me. I recently changed one full beam bulb, but I can't see would be the problem...clearly people think my lights are on full beam when they are not.

Easiest thing to try would be to point the car towards a wall or garage door etc..... and put your lights on to make sure one of the bulbs isn't too obviously pointing skywards.....

Cheers

Dave.

If you have dropped the level from 0 to 1 and have found no other motorists flashing you, I'm guessing the alignment is out.

Sounds like they are out, mine are the same; I even had people I was following on the motorway flashing their rear fog lights at me :eek:

I've currently got my lights set to setting 2 and they're okay, really do need to get the adjusted while I still have warrenty left!

I had this on a VW Polo I owned from 2000 - 2002. It seems that there is a plastic clip that keeps the light fitting in the right place - if it breaks the light can end up shining directly in the face of oncoming traffic.

I got the clip replaced under warranty and it seemed to stop all the rage from everyone else ;)

Might be worth checking to see if it's the same problem.

Hope that helps :thumbup: