Dilemma with spacers

Right I think I understand your issue now. Because with the non hubcentric spacers you have lost the centre bore to mount your wheel. You looking for something to extend the centre bore into your wheels.

:nod: absolutely. And it sounds like a bit of a hopeless task. I'll ring Sarah in the morning I reckon.

Looking at Jasons paint work of art it looks like there is enough hub protruding through the spacer, and all that is needed is a tapered spiggot ring, or am I looking at it wrong.:confused:

There appears to be no such thing from all the alloy wheel type places I've done. Yes, a nice spigot ring which tapers down to 57mm from say around 70mm would probably sit on the hub nicely and give the wheel something to sit on.

Called it quits now and ordered some 15mm eibachs. I am likely to get them machined down the same way Lummox did above. :thumbup:

Called it quits now and ordered some 15mm eibachs. I am likely to get them machined down the same way Lummox did above. :thumbup:

do you want me to do it for you jason?? i have access to a lathe and it wont take five miniutes to do that:)

do you want me to do it for you jason?? i have access to a lathe and it wont take five miniutes to do that:)

Would save me some legwork. :thumbup:

PM me the address to send them on to when they arrive. :D I won't even bother unpacking them. :rofl:

The Eibach spacers should fit perfectly with your wheels.

Would say a 10mm chop is the least I should do? Was wondering whether to perhaps keep it at 12mm? I only need 5mm odd to clear the brakes, so this isn't a clearance thing - just an appearance/rubbing/bearing life thing. :)

:thumbup: i shall have a good look at it before i do it, and decide if it is 'safe' or not

Err on the side of caution if need be. I might whip a wheel off and offer it up to a hub and see how much room there is to machine down once the spacer is sat on my hub.

I also have some dilemma with spacers. I have created 17.5mm/side spacers from hard-aluminium. They are system A (aka they go with longer bolts). The original bolt for aluminium wheels is: M14x1.5 with ~30mm thread. The spacers are hubcentric so they will sit on the hub and the wheel bore will sit very tight on the spacers.

Here is the dilemma: I need some very long bolts 30 + 17.5 = 47.5 mm thread on the bolts. The only place I could find something like this is FK where they have 50mm thread bolts. I am still considering mounting them on the car (only in the rear) because I am a little afraid that the bolts are too long compared with the original size and there is a risk they could break on bad roads.

Usualy they make system A spacers up to 15mm per side and from 20mm on they make system B (original bolts screwed into the spacer and new bolts to mount the spacer on the hub, like picture above).

@devonutopia: I recommend that you throw away the lugcentric spacers and get some hubcentric ones.

I used to make up spacer kits when I was at AmD (very boring job). We used to get the 50mm bolts and cut them down to the correct length for that spacer.

The bolts wont break have no fear of that. But if they are too long they can do a lot of damage to the ABS system on some cars and if for example they are long enough on an Audi TT and go through the back of the hub and touch the bearing housing on the n/s they can come un done.

Lummox, thanks for the fast reply. When you said 50mm bolts were you talking about the thread?

Of course if they are too long they are BAD, but I could easily shave a few mm off the bolts if necessary.

First I would like to see how the fabia will look like with the spacers mounted, but since I have no way now to mount them ...