How to remove/fit Symphony

Hi All,

This may sound like a completely daft question given that some of you are discussing very very advanced technical topics !

I have a Skoda Fabia 2002 which I have had since new. I recently purchased a CD player (Skoda Symphony same fit) as the original had only a tape player.

How do i remove the existing player ? I am sure there is some bit of plastic o need to poke...but given that i am a technically challenged (woman), some help fro m the techies would be appriciated.

PS: I asked the skoda garage to fit it. They ask for

Hello Deb.

What you'll need is something thin and flat. The proper tool is Part Number T30005.

Similar to this dm_skoda_superb_keys.jpg

Kenwood tools work as well.

There are two slots on the front of the radio, push the keys in and then simply pull the radio out. It may be a little tight so you may need to carefully lever the edge of it.

Once you have it removed it's simply a case of swapping over the plugs on the back - it'll be pretty obvious when you see them.

Once it's all conected push it back into the dash and switch it on. You'll need to enter the 4 digit security code.

Where do you live there may be someone here who is willing to help you.

For info I always use flattenned out brass picture hooks. They work great even when they've broken off at the point where they used to be bent!

here is part of a post i made a bit ago , hope it helps , it will save you looking for picture hooks ?

having took my brothers out the other night with the correct tools but still had to strip the dash , i will tell you how to do it

1, pull off the heater surround panel , this is quite easy to do , start at one end and pull , you will now be able to access the bottom of the side trims

2, next pull out the trims either side of the radio , these are quite tight , but seem sturdy enough not to break if pulled hard

3, you will now be able to see a couple of squarish holes either side of the radio , you will need a long, thin screwdriver now , push the screwy through the hole nearest the middle of the radio side and push the shiny steel clip in , you should be able to pull the radio out slightly on that side ,repeat for the other side and the radio should be free

Sometimes the clips on the side of the stero get bent and using the removal tools won't work in which case Ric04VRS' method would work well.

In my experience it will either be a p*ss easy to do - 2 mins, or a total pain - 2 hrs!! The Skoda garage once took about an hour to get mine out...

ok - further question........ the symphony unit IVE got is a cd player one... its a bit naff so i was gonna buy an mp3 one.... problem is the symphony unit is not a "standard" size..... anybody got any advice for how to blank out stuff (or am i beling silly and halfrauds sell the blanking plates)

ok - further question........ the symphony unit IVE got is a cd player one... its a bit naff so i was gonna buy an mp3 one.... problem is the symphony unit is not a "standard" size..... anybody got any advice for how to blank out stuff (or am i beling silly and halfrauds sell the blanking plates)

Fabia-vrs.com - Handy Part Numbers

Fabia Dashboard Radio Surround

6Y0 857 231 B41 (Satin Black)

As an additonal to the surround plates is there anyting odd or strange about the standard fabia CD setup meaning that something would not be there when i try and install a new CD / MP3 device. Such as is there the correct connections for power and radio etc.

I wouldnt imagine that there would be an issue but better to check and be prepared.

As an additonal to the surround plates is there anyting odd or strange about the standard fabia CD setup meaning that something would not be there when i try and install a new CD / MP3 device. Such as is there the correct connections for power and radio etc.

I wouldnt imagine that there would be an issue but better to check and be prepared.

i believe the power leads (red and yellow) are the other way round to a standard HU