GTI Festival - Sun 8th July Santa Pod

octavia5

This is just a posting to see if there is any interest..........................

The next VAG GTi Festival - for all water cooled VAG motors - at Santa Pod is on Sunday 8th July if there is sufficient interest we can book a 'Club' stand/space.

Entrance to Sanat Pod is

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone - Have just booked a 10 car Brisky spot for the 8th July.

Our spot will be the same as last time, assuming you went to the 15th April, if not it is in the first of the club parking areas.

Once past the pay booths keep straight on and when you get to the guys who are directing people to the public car park just tell them you have club parking reserved and they will let you drive straight on and around the other side of the Drag Strip itself.

Keep an eye open to the right hand side as you get round the other side of the strip and you will see the main stands, our parking area is in the first of the 'fenced off' areas on the right with the entrance at the far end of this area - only a few yards further on so don't drive past it. As you enter our area is in the far right corner of this parking area.

If there are more than 10 cars coming I can up the reserved parking space so the more the merrier.

Everyone who went to the 15th April GTi Festival had a great day whether they ran their cars on the strip or not. There are lots of trade stands, car boot places (free of you have car stuff to sell), food stands and a couple of bars - plus VAG cars running the strip all day and a demo run of the Santa Pod Rocket Drag Racer, bing ear plugs - its so load as to be painful and does the 1/4 mile in under 6 secs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Glad to see such interest, if numbers keep growing I will reserve additional Club parking space - ours is right beside the entrance to the main stands, see above for specific directions.

I will aim to be there around 8.30 and have laminated some Briskoda signs to tie to the fencing to highlight 'our' space.

Looking forward to it. getting in some 1/4 mile training next weekend too. :cool:

Also have got a spare nearside driveshaft in my possession - I just need a hub nut and the tools to remove it, and the 6 bolts on the gearbox/diff. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
im new round these parts,be gentle,id be up for gti festival if theres a spot for little old me.:D

Hi JP1, everyone is welcome - the April gig was my first one and I enjoyed it so much I ended up organising a Brisky stand (club parking) for the 8th July. Its a good day just as a spectator and you do not need previous experience or a trick motor to run the strip if the urge takes you.

All the main details are posted above, if anything changes I will flag it up.

I've got a mate coming with, who's also offered a hand in giving the Fab a bit of a clear the day before. Don't want to have the dirtiest car on the stand! :P

Just checking: we won't have a prior pass to get into club parking? Just drive up, and say we're club parking, and they'll let us in?

Just checking: we won't have a prior pass to get into club parking? Just drive up, and say we're club parking, and they'll let us in?

Thats right, as you drive down from the entrance there will be stewards directing cars to the visitors parking - just say you are with a club and they will direct you straight on and arround the back of the end stand instead ot to the visitor parking in a field to the right.

Club parking is hard standing on the far side of the track - we are right by the main stand, see earlier post for full directions

I'm gutted. Found out one of my BIG slick tyres is to put it bluntly "sha99ed!" :( :( Means I'm going to have to use my road tyres on the front. Was really looking forward to giving those slicks some abuse down the strip as well....

I think I will leave here around 6am and just pootle up. Not sure on my route though. I might do M5/M4 then up the A43. Or perhaps a bit further up the M5 and find some other A road to cut across on.