Stream MP3 Question & Changer

Hello all,

Another *dumb* question!

If you have a Stream MP3 head unit and a 6 disc changer - can you put MP3 CD's in the changer and will the Stream MP3 head unit play them? Or is it just limited to the Stream MP3 itself?

Cheers

Lee

I presume the Audience will play all 6 cd's loaded if they are MP3 as the changer and head unit are all in one?

Correct. As the auidence changer is in the HU you can have all 6 discs as MP3, thats what I have in mine right now.

Correct. As the auidence changer is in the HU you can have all 6 discs as MP3, thats what I have in mine right now.

Clever clogs!? How many tracks does one want to mix through at any one time (Audience unit can do 6 x mp3 disc?).

I find one mp3 disc with 110 - 120 tracks lasts me for 2 - 3 weeks before I get bored and need to change discs!

I don't use the CD changer in the boot!

Its quiet handy having just over 4GB in music loaded into the hu, I have recorded the discs acording to their age/style. So if I want easy listening then select disk 1, Dance then disk 2 etc... Then stick the player on Random (folder) and it will play for hours and you dont know what track is next.

Currently Disks 1-5 contain various 80s DJ CDs, and disk 6 contains most of the current top albums.

The dealer told me that if I use copied / home burnt disks then I'd invalidate the warranty !

He couldn't give me an answer when I asked him if he knew where I could buy pre-burnt MP3 disks from.

I know there just covering their backs with the warranty but I wonder if this was thought through properly being as I don't know anywhere that sells MP3 disks commercially.

Meaning that to use this feature of the stereo you have to invalidate the warranty.

Anyway mine seems to be playing MP3 disks fine.

The dealer told me that if I use copied / home burnt disks then I'd invalidate the warranty !

You smell horses???

I think he was having a grin when he told you that.

To sidetrack slightly - has anybody tried removing the CD autochanger? I use an mp3 player through the aux socket in the jumbo box, so don't really need to use the CD changer - the extra space in the boot could be useful, so if there is an easy and non-damaging way of removing the CD changer I'd be grateful to know.

Eleanor