Spec me some ICE please

Finally getting around to upgrading me ice so would some kind gents spec me some ice please.

I need :

Headunit

Front speakers (no modding required)

Just need it for mp3's mostly - a usb connection would be handy but not essential. Don't need an Ipod interface.

Budget circa

Car Audio Direct - The UK's leading car audio and stereo resource.

thats a good place to start. good prices, good service. and if you want more advice there's a forum too:

Talk Audio - Home

If your ona limited budget and want to keep it simple, I'd recommend an Alpine headunit with MP3 playback and some Alpine 6.5" Type S component speakers. You would also need an adaptor to make the speakers fit, CAD stock those too.

Car Audio Direct - The UK's leading car audio and stereo resource.

thats a good place to start. good prices, good service. and if you want more advice there's a forum too:

Talk Audio - Home

If your ona limited budget and want to keep it simple, I'd recommend an Alpine headunit with MP3 playback and some Alpine 6.5" Type S component speakers. You would also need an adaptor to make the speakers fit, CAD stock those too.

Cheers for that:thumbup:

If you have a Fab or Octy 2, just replace the headunit with something that plays mp3's, Pioneer do some cheapish quaity stuff. I found the speakers ok, and added a Alpine sub enclosure to the boot. I like it loud, very loud, and my speakers sound just fine. If you hve a MK1 octavia, then you will need speakers too, as they are lacking somewhat.

Been using this in my octi MKI and can very much recommend it

Car Audio Direct - JVC EXAD KD-LHX601

It includes Dab CD MP3 SD Touchscreen & Remote it does it all, well worth a look and a fair price too

I got the 'original' version of that in my car atm(no DAB/touchscreen/MP3) can't really comment on the sound as I have only ever used it with the dire octy speakers. Its also developed a slight fault in that it won't save any settings I set, when ignition is turned of it reverts back to stock :confused: Thx for the suggestion tho m8 but I fancy a change;)

The Alpine Type S are ideal for being powered off a good headunit, but the Type R's need to be amped ideally.

So heres what I have in my basket :

Alpine SPS-171A =

I got the 'original' version of that in my car atm(no DAB/touchscreen/MP3) can't really comment on the sound as I have only ever used it with the dire octy speakers. Its also developed a slight fault in that it won't save any settings I set, when ignition is turned of it reverts back to stock :confused: Thx for the suggestion tho m8 but I fancy a change;)

If you're having trouble with the radio losing its settings when you turn it off, it'll be because your permanent and switched 12v feeds are the wrong way around. VAG cars have a tendancy to have them the other way around, but most aftermarket wiring looms give you the ability to switch the yellow and red wires around.