Pre /post facelift differences

Hi all,

I drive an 04 vRS, but I believe a slight facelift happened on the Fabia around 2005?

I've been in a couple of newer ones with funny patterning on the upper half of the dash etc, but I was wondering what the other modifications were? Someone mentioned slightly different rear light clusters too. What are the slight differences between the old and the new versions etc?

Thanks,

Chris.

Rear clusters, vRS badging smaller, missing (?) rear door pins, longer ratio gear box and I think the ASR light was changed to a car skidding?

May be a couple of other differences too that I've forgotten about (was the stutter part of the face lift?) :D

Chris

Different rear lights with the white bits connected up, lock pin things removed from the rear doors, one-touch indicators, different top dash moulding and revised front grille with inward facing slats.

There's also an changes to the gearbox with shorter 6th/final drive but this occurred before the facelift.

May be a couple of other differences too that I've forgotten about (was the stutter part of the face lift?) :D

Chris

Nope - my 05 is fine.

I think the shorter vRS badging was incorporated with the short-ratio gearbox..

For the vRS, the only other difference I can think of apart from those already listed is:

Slightly different grille (the upright bits are at a slight angle in plan view)

My facelifted one doesn't have the rattly gearstick that demonstator I tried had, but that may have been fixed earlier than the facelift when the new ratio 'box came out.

FYI non-vRS Fabias got a new front bumper, new wheel trim designs and new seat fabrics along with the above, but that's it AFAIK!

Rear door pins? You mean the part of the hinge?

Also,you say the badging is smaller.....not as long width wise?

And the 1 touch indicators.....are they like the daft ones like on the Vectra? I hate them..... :D

What year got the shorter ratio 6th gear?

Door pins as in the chrome bits that pop up when you unlock the car :D And yes the 1-touch indicators are daft imvho, although not as daft as the new BMW ones :rolleyes: A solution to a problem that never existed! :rofl:

I really like mine. It's a lot less effort.

One tuch indicators are dead handy when exiting roundabouts and the like. But they also work like normal indicators (i.e. they stay either up or down when you want them to), not like the Vectra's ones which don't.

No stutter to speak of on my '05, which is nice:)

Generally I think "not a lot" really

For the mainstream fabias they got a nicer looking front bumper with the round foglights. I really like the look of those compared to my one with square fogs, but I kept mine in an effort to retain some of my car's original features. The fact I cut a bloody great hole in it, re-designed/colour coded the bump strip, moved the numberplate, meshed the gap cut out, means nothing. :D:o

my fabia is weird then. :rofl:

it has old style rear lights, old style dash material, old style warning triangle for asr.

but it has no rear door pins and one touch indicators. i also think the front grill is the later type too.

it was registered 09/04 on a 54 reg.

________

john

it has old style rear lights, old style dash material, old style warning triangle for asr.

but it has no rear door pins and one touch indicators. i also think the front grill is the later type too.

Cut 'n' shut? :P:rofl:

Chris

Mine is a 54 plate Fabia vRS and I have the one touch indicators, different rear lights, no door pins, old type of dash top, old ASR warning, old gerarbox ratios, and new front grille, delayed after wipe.

Was registered on 25/10/04

Seems odd they used a different setup for the same year, perhaps they were using up the group stock on the changeover?

• 5 months later...

As has been covered before, there seems to be some degree of 'mix 'n' match' at the Skoda factory during 2004 :rofl:

To clear a few things up - shorter rear vRS badge doesn't mean new gear ratios. My original vRS (March 04) had the old long style badge, but the shorter 6th gear ratio. It also had one touch indicators and final sweep wipers, but none of the rest of the facelift changes.

As part of the facelift, they also changed the steering wheel design on the vRS, slightly. Oh, and the font and position of the word 'Airbag' on the passenger side of the dash changed too!

Steve

What are the differences in the gear box ratios? i know you say 6th is shorter but what does this equate to? yes i am dumb!!

I have an 04 Vrs, door pins in back, old dash, new rear badge, old lights (for now ;) ) one touch indicators, old dash

My car was born - 13/05/2004

what gears do i have?

You have the shorter ratio 'box, I'm almost certain.

Equates to about a 200rpm difference in 6th. So post back what revs are at an indicated 70 and/or 80, and I'll confirm it for you :)

Steve