Newbury Meet - Friday 18th May

Makefish

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time is the meet likely to be? I have college during the day so was hoping it would be some time in the evening? If it is during the day I may have to re-arrange certain lessons, media studies and the like.

All the best,

:thumbup: Duggie :thumbup:

7.00pm sounds good for me, all we need now is a meeting place, looking forward to it! :D

:thumbup: Duggie

P.s: I'll bring the feathers, someone else can get the tar.

I wuld be interested, just down the road... although I will be in a SEAT not a skoda........ I hope not to be tarred and feathered :)

Kiki's still alive...having said that, she's not exactly a threat...lol

The swan gets my vote, still a nice place... or just down the road, 500 m or so is nelson's diner, a 50s american theme diner, which is pretty good.

The diner sounds a funky alternative to a pub...

I dont know anything about the Diner but if its a restaurant type establishment can someone check that they are happy for some people not to eat as not everybody wants a meal

Also what sort of numbers can they accept, if we need to prebook it makes it hard for those who might/mightnot be able to make it or anyone deciding at the last minuite to come

I think that for the reasons Stuart has stated in the above post that we should perhaps stick to something a little more traditional this time but investigate the diner for future possible meets.

With that in mind the suggestion as to The Swan seems as good a place as any so that will be our venue for the first one.

so down the A339, then follow signs for Newtown, and I should see it?

At the end of the 339 theres a roundabout, turn onto the 4640 & you will see the pub about 100 yards off the roundabout on your left as you exit the dip in the road

Anyone coming from the south up the A34 come off at Tothill services (shell) & take the 4640 ( the old road to Newbury before the By pass was built)

At the end of the 339 theres a roundabout, turn onto the 4640 & you will see the pub about 100 yards off the roundabout on your left as you exit the dip in the road

Anyone coming from the south up the A34 come off at Tothill services (shell) & take the 4640 ( the old road to Newbury before the By pass was built)

Coming off of the A34 at Tothill from the North is probably just as easy as well

Diner is only about 40 capacity, and shares the spaces with a car dealer and petrol station, doubt there would be the room for cars and people.

Myself and Willy03** whatever he calls himself may stop by if work permits.