new fab RS....bit underwhelmed :(

kit

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the original poster had a bad octavia remap he's still looking at 210bhp, now hes got a tight 130bhp, whats he expecting.

I had various stages of tune on my Fabia, it broke a few times but anytime I reverted to standard it did feel very slow so I can sympathise with the ORIGINAL point.

Only way forward is a remap or buy a different car cause at 130bhp your not going to set the world on fire. Even the 130 Ford driver has a remap :P

not really, torque has little to do with speed

and the fabia vRS as standard isn't fast, is a good overtaking tool and a nice drive

A fast car will hit 100mph in 17>secs even a highly tuned fabia won't do that

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And that's based on?

This thread seems to have got a little distracted with the usual suspects doing everything they can to get a point of something they are not sure what over and the other lot wading with little or no clue.

I will be sitting this out :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back to the original point. I took my Special Edition out tonight. 70mph in 6th and floored it speedo pretty quickly reached 110mph with still some. I think the car needs some attention!

ps. I'ts quick enough for an old fart like me

Sparkes1 - Do I take it that you don't mollycoddle it with running it in? I think you have stated that you got the car 3 days ago. Perhaps it's not needed as much these days (?) but I am trying to follow the manual, though others have stated it's not needed.

Sparkes1 - Do I take it that you don't mollycoddle it with running it in? I think you have stated that you got the car 3 days ago. Perhaps it's not needed as much these days (?) but I am trying to follow the manual, though others have stated it's not needed.

It was a bit naughty and I will be taking more care from now on. Just couldn't resist it.Going up to the lake district at the end of the May,should give it a nice steady run

screw steady running in, for best performance and fuel economy thrash it within an inch of its life from day one and get on with it :)

:thumbup:

The Italian running in method!

That's the one I used!

Phew. Sound's like I've just escaped from having a slow car. The Type-R does it in 16.5 seconds....

14.2 for't Mazda and also 0-100-0 in 21 seconds

(21 seconds to go. 21 seconds to go....etc)

[obscure reference]

what did the Egyptian say when he fell out of the boat?

[/obscure reference]

was it

"hierog.gif"?

you have said in the past that your octavia was faster than your fabia but not as much fun and i seem to remember passing you and not getting caught up by you at any point in my octavia :P

i'm not saying the fabia is slower just slower than a 1.8T.

I was in my OCTAVIA benjamin ;) And grip was poor.......etc......:P

It was a bit naughty and I will be taking more care from now on. Just couldn't resist it.Going up to the lake district at the end of the May,should give it a nice steady run

I live in the lakes.... I feel a mini-meet commng on... I have a few good driving routes around here, and have done a keswick meet before (look it up in the n/w section..) PM with the dates, and I'll start a thread with a view to see if anyones interested.... :thumbup:

Well,I think the answers are:

1.There must be something wrong with it.

Our Fabia always feels quicker than my octavia (whether or not it is) and as someone posted ,the true brick wall (I was teasing with the 90) probably is about 110....seems hard work after that(this is a standard one,2 years old,20k so it is run in).

2.Brakes

Again as someone posted,there is a huge difference in brakes.As the poster mentioned,jump out of the Fabia into the Octavia and try the brakes and you do nearly go through the windscreen.Do it the other way roundand you need to stand on the brakes

So,your brakes seem fine,something else doesn't sound so good.Good luck with a fix!

Go to the dealer & drive their demo. If it's significantly different then you've bought a lemon, if it's not then your expectations were too high.

Easy.