Ltd Edition Fabia - PD160 intake fitted as standard ???

ASk and you shall recieve - just nippedoutside to take this with my cameraphone. Sorry if it's not quite of the correct area.

Incidentally - I was doing this with one hand becuas I couldn't find the thing to hold the boot open - where's it supposed to be ?

(:rolleyes: I know, I should read the manual)

14746.attach

Not a cupra intake......bonnet thingy is located on the bonnet itself on the passenger side

See the little orange bracket in the top right of your picture, that's where it clips into.

ASk and you shall recieve - just nippedoutside to take this with my cameraphone. Sorry if it's not quite of the correct area.

Incidentally - I was doing this with one hand becuas I couldn't find the thing to hold the boot open - where's it supposed to be ?

(:rolleyes: I know, I should read the manual)

How did you manage to get a rear engined Fabia. Engine in the boot???? :rofl: :rofl: The bonnet stay is attached to the bonnet on the right hand side as you look at it and pulls down to fit in the orange clip located on the N/S strut turret.

Agreed it is not a PD160 intake but that intake looks larger than the old version but that could just be the camera angle, would need to see the hole trumpet part to confirm.

Yep, standard intake.

A bonnet lifter would be a good solution, then no need to worry about the pin etc. I don't think they've got any ltd edition blue paint though yet. Mental note made. :D

shame they dont put the battery covers on anymore, looks a bit messy

Could you not order one from a dealer and fit it if you so wished? Or do they not fit the newer cars?

Could you not order one from a dealer and fit it if you so wished? Or do they not fit the newer cars?

Easier just to liberate it off the next courtesy car you have ;) Not that I would ever suggest or condone such a thing :D

Chris

maybe its just my car but the batt cover is a hindrance to the pd160 pipe sitting nicely. it is pushed slightly left?!!

Doesnt your pd160 pipe fit under the cover? mine does however I did remove the engine and battery cover to fit the pipe. It seems to fit together that way:

skodapd160.jpg

First time i looked under the bonnet of my Ltd Ed thought it had the PD160 intake,not having seen one in the flesh before.The pics confirm it isn't ,but it's much larger than the pipe and trumpet on my 04 car.

If that photo of the LTD ED intake is the same as all the other LTD ED's then it will be the same as your 04 plate.

The photo is a bit deceptive,it's much deeper than my 04 plate.Jumped out at me soon as i popped the bonnet.Looks rather like the 160 pipe turned thru 90 degrees.