Wiring for rear speakers?

Hi, i've a 56 plate fabia classic that i want to put rear speakers into but having had a quick look cant seem to find the wiring in place to do this, does anyone know if its there hidden somewhere or not?

Thanks a lot

:smrbow:

Do you mean the tweeters in the rear doors, or the mid/woofers either side of the parcel shelf?

I'm not sure either are pre-wired, but having fitted a CD changer in the boot of my vRS. I can tell you that running wiring from the front of the car to the back is very easy and very tidy! So getting the mid/woofers in shouldn't be too much trouble for you. The tweeters (if you really wanted them!) could be a different story, and might need some other parts, too...

Let me know if you want some tips for running the wires front-to-back! :thumbup:

Thanks, its just the rear parcel shelf ones i'm looking at doing so if its kind of easy thats good news and yep, any tips on running wires would be great!

Thanks a lot

:orb_cool:

OK, first things first, you need to check your stereo has a front-to-back fade capability. If you have the Symphony CD player, you will, and the MS502 radio/cassette will. I don't know about the MS501, but if that doesn't let me know, as I have an MS502 going begging that you can have.

Next thing you'll need to do is get the stereo out of your dash. This has been covered many, many times on here, so have a bit of a search...

After this, you should fit the speakers. You can get at where they're fitted by removing the top of carpet trim up the sides of the boot, by pulling the little brass clips. Apart from letting you know that you'll need 10cm / 4" speakers, there's not else you should need to know as far as actually fitting the them to the car goes...

Your best bet will be to fit the wires from rear-to-front, and run them along the nearside of the car. make sure the wires on both sides are the same length. otherwise your balance will be wrong. Run the wires from the offside speaker under the boot floor to the nearside of the car (just lift up the lid where the spare tyre sits. A few cable clips might be handy here!

Fold the back seats down, and remove the plastic trim that sits behind the edge of the seat back and seat base. Feed the wires behind this (then re-fit it), and then use a screwdriver to push them under the plastic trim that runs along the side of the car. Do the same for the plastic trim on the left-hand side of the passenger footwell, and then run the wires along the top, using a couple more cable clips to hold the wires in place on the little lip that runs along the top-front edge of the footwell. There are a few holes in the top-right corner of the footwell that you can feed the wires though, and then you can modify the instructions here in order to connect the wires into the multi-connector that plugs into the back of the stereo.

Hook up the other ends of the wires to the speakers, replace any last bits of trim, re-fit the stereo, and then (fingers crossed) you should be ready to go! :thumbup: