Fabia has Radio/Cassette, how can i get a CD player cheap

Hi

im going to buy a Fabia 2003 1.4 comfort which as a Radio/Cassette.

i really need a cd player, i dont need a changer just 1 disk is enough for me, what is the cheapest way to do this? i looked a pictures and it looks like the current Radio/Cassette player looks taller than a normal head unit

some one please help, not having a cd player just ruins the whole car for me

thanks

its a private sale, so wat can i do ive searched the net, do i have the get another skoda head unit ? can i buy my own head unit ? but it looks like that the skoda head unit it taller than normal ones, does anyone know how much the skoda head unit will cost if i have to by a skoda one, i hope i can put my own one in it

My Skoda came with a nice Alipine head unit with CD changer in the boot, but if you want a Skoda one, you could scour eBay for one. Alternatively, just pop to Halfords and find one you like the sound of :D

Chris

I done this a couple of weeks ago :)

You will need a ISO adapter from halfords (theres two Volkswagen types you need the one with the blue powered antenna wire coming off it)

Also pop into the dealers and get them to pop the old unit out also buy the facia adaptor from them its less than

Mine has a tape in it as well , never bothered changing it as I had a load of tapes from the 80s lying around , and my interest in music kinda dies once you get into the 90s , with a few exceptions! You can get a Skoda single slot one that will fit the hole , but its better to get one 2nd hand (remember to get the code with it!) as a stealer wants

Just saw this on Ebay - it says its from an Octy but the title mentions Fabia as well - maybe someone can confirm whether it will fit.

Can't imagine it will go for too much money....

eBay.co.uk: SKODA CD PLAYER OCTAVIA FABIA (item 270120520596 end time 21-May-07 22:52:58 BST)

Thats a really early one, could be 10 years old and would need the facia plate. I'd look for something like this one if your want oem. This is from a fabia and will slot straight in.

eBay.co.uk: SKODA FABIA SYMPHONY RADIO CD CDR PLAYER (item 250115991838 end time 18-May-07 19:34:31 BST)

Thats a really early one, could be 10 years old and would need the facia plate. I'd look for something like this one if your want oem. This is from a fabia and will slot straight in.

eBay.co.uk: SKODA FABIA SYMPHONY RADIO CD CDR PLAYER (item 250115991838 end time 18-May-07 19:34:31 BST)

I bought a single slot CD from this guy,arrived in good condition with code.

You will need a set of cd keys.

Cheers Simon

As a lot of Briskodians on here say they have put Sony gear in, do they not have the old units left to sell on (or do they want to keep them to replace when selling the car?)

Several Briskodians one rather recent has written off their VRS, do they have the audio unit available for you?

Lots available on e-bay or just use Halfrauds pick the unit you want at the price you want and fitted with correct blanking plates!

National aka Jimbo