Meet Supreme - Sunday 8th July

funkyjutel

Always look forward to these, and I won't be with the ch@vs at GTI I...

Looks like those attending GTI International on this forum must be 'ch@vs' then.....oh that must include me as well then!!

I will try to be at this event as well.....

• 4 weeks later...

Not trying to hijack this meeting - but why not consider holding at Santa Pod as the GTi Festival is a great day for any VAG owner and around 10 Briskys are due there already - many will be running the strip as well.

Only downside is it costs £15 to get in but there a 2 bars, lots of food providers, many VAG stalls, concours, drag runs all day and a jet car demo down the strip.

Not trying to hijack this meeting - but why not consider holding at Santa Pod as the GTi Festival is a great day for any VAG owner and around 10 Briskys are due there already - many will be running the strip as well.

Only downside is it costs £15 to get in but there a 2 bars, lots of food providers, many VAG stalls, concours, drag runs all day and a jet car demo down the strip.

Well you are, so there :P

Different meets for different people. Some just like to sit down in a pub and leisurely talk instead of stand up at a snack car with plastic glasses in our hands.

I'm still a maybe pending SWMBO approval. Am I right in thinking it's here?

Nope that a different malt shovel. the first malt shovel is where the A452 crosses the A45, I believe its now a Toby Carvery.

The second pub is located in Meriden, just down the road.

Nope that a different malt shovel. the first malt shovel is where the A452 crosses the A45, I believe its now a Toby Carvery.

The second pub is located in Meriden, just down the road.

Got a map link for it?

This is the first one:

From the M42 Junction 6, take the A45 towards Coventry and come off at the first junction, the pub is on the left as you go down the slip road.

You need to go to the roundabout at the bottom turn left and then left again into the car park for the pub :thumbup:

Toby Carvery

The second pub at Meriden is reached by taking the second (i think) exit off the A45 towards Coventry and it's in the centre of the village.

The stonebridge island used to be called the malt shovel until recently.

That may be so but no bleedin' good if you've newcomers planning on turning up and it's 'assumed' that everyone knows where the meet is especially as there is a pub with a similar name on the same road less than 10 miles away!!!!!!!!

Ah sorry :o didn't realise the link pointed to more than one Toby Carvery!

Yes it's the Stonebridge island one, postcode is CV7 7HL for those with sat nav.

My directions still stand:

From the M42 Junction 6, take the A45 towards Coventry and come off at the first junction (signed A452), the pub is on the left as you go down the slip road to the roundabout at the bottom.

To get into the car park you need to go down to the roundabout at the bottom of the slip road and turn left, then almost immediately left again into the car park for the pub

HTH