Fabia Door Water Leaks

Have the doors on your Fabia ever leaked water into the car?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Have the doors on your Fabia ever leaked water into the car?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this happen on estates too? I've noticed a HELL of a lot of condensation just recently, plus marks on the interior panel, N/S rear. I thought the marks were as a result of using it as a mobile shed, but I've noticed a lot of water sitting below the doors in the front when it's rained. Thanks for the link to that VRS forum, I might well give the DIY job a go, Robinsons of Norwich sold me a car with a ****y battery so they're not to be trusted. Will ordinary kitchen/bathroom sealant do the trick?

I was hovering out the car today before the rain came on and the rear passenger side footwell was soaking. We did have newspaper down but that wa ssoggy right though and sticking to the mat. So I've taken the mat out and replaced it with and old towel to see if that will soak up some of the water.

how do you go about fixing the wet seals as above ?

Brun,

For you and others looking for the handy guide - please see the link below. It was linked on the first page of this thread but I think the link has been broken. I've just checked and this seems to be correct now. Hope it helps!

Fabia-vrs.com - Re-sealing Fabia Rear Ancillaries Carriers

Stuart (not the same Stu that runs the fabia-vrs.com website!)

ive already had that done on the side i had the wet carpet, has it not worked then ?

would water only sit on that seal if it was coming through the carrier ?

I'd say it probably hasn't worked I'm afraid. Mine looked like that (photo above) after my dealer had tried to fix it once. I asked them to try again, and it obviously worked the second time. I'm not sure exactly what they fixed / replaced as I was fortunate enough to have it done under warranty, but I haven't seen any water on the kick-plate since they properly fixed it.

Stu

I have a 55 plate Vrs. Offside rear door leaked for the first time in July 07. Fixed at the time under warranty by DM Keith (Leeds) who replaced all 4 door seals; problem solved.

Noticed in the last couple of months that the back windows were steaming up regularly, which I assumed was down to crap weather. Was hoovering out the back seats at the weekend and noticed the off side footwell had a puddle of water and door seal was like a sponge again.

Lucky I noticed 1 months after the warranty expired... (sarcasm doesn't come across clearly in writing does it) ... so DM Keith are going to have a look at it in the new year. I await confirmation of a bill!

• 7 months later...

Recently bought a 2001 1.9 TDi estate (privately before the monsoon season started) and guess what, first time it rained heavily = wet rear floor on both sides! Didn’t stop there mind the boot seal is leaking too, so badly that water runs under the rear seats and soaks the foam, nice!

Thanks for all the advice, I’m off to B&Q ………