Skoda Autosales Cannock

DGW

Originally posted by lozgti - Thu Dec 2, 2004

great bunch of people.never pushy on sales and always service with a smile.staff are same people who were at lea hall motors in rugeley .good job folks .keep it up!

• 4 months later...

Just bought my new Octavia L&K from them.

I ordered it New Year's Eve to avoid the 1/1/06 price rise, got a good deal on my 98 Golf (ie matched my Glass' trade-in price forecast) even though the deal wouldn't be completed until March 06.

New car arrived on time, & very pleased with their attentive service. They are suffering at present from their cramped showroom, and the parts/service department is a few hundred yards down the road. But they tell me they will have to move to new premises soon to keep Skoda happy - presumably to match the standard set by their Bilston branch.

It's just a shame they moved south from Lea Hall as there's a gap in the Skoda dealer network around Stafford.

Chris:)

Took my Octavia in there a month or so back to solve a mystery problem - they failed to find anything wrong and more or less told me I was imagining it.

The following weekend it took me an hour to locate a simple split hose that I replaced with a new item I purchased from a VW dealer :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Took my car in to have the PAS fixed. Staff were very helpful and kept calling me back to let me know how my car was getting on which was nice, they also knew what they were talking about. They didnt have any courtsey cars and the part took 3 days to get in :/

The only problem was that the car had oil over the passanger seat, the manager was not the most helpfull in trying to rectify this and was saying that its not their fault. The front bumper had marks and scratches on it, also the car was kept were birds think its great to crap on your car. Not helpfull at all on this matter.

I shall be going back to Robert Eardley and Son.

:finger: called from mobile and asked if they could look at my car while I waited,as I was in Cannock on business and on a tight schedule.

When I got there I was told that I would have to wait whilst technicians had lunch(even though I was there well before!!!!!!)

Dealer principal not worth speaking to,will not bother again

• 4 months later...

Well took delivery of my Skoda Fabia VRS and everything was more than ok.

Paid extra for the 'Punctureseal' (mug or what!!!) and low and behold on the first Sun there I found a nice nail in the real drivers side wheel!!!! No problem I thought, I have this miracle 'Punctureseal' so pulled the nail out and yep you guessed it, the puncture didnt 'repair' itself!!!!!!

Got in touch with Autosales and there response was bring it in on the Mon. I did and left it with them.....

Two and a half days later after many phone calls I got my wheel back with the excuse that the 'that they were waiting for a tyre to be delivered and the reason the tyre failed was because the nail had gone in at an angle and therefore the punctureseal could not work'?????????????:confused:

When I finally picked the wheel up there wasn't even anyone available to put it back on the car!!!!!!!:mad:

And the last insult to injury was when I came to fit the wheel it was a cheap brand and not the same Michelin tyre that is on the other 3 wheels!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

Like I said at the beginning great car , but shoddy aftersales

Looks like a nice letter of complaint on the way

• 7 months later...

A bit late in telling this but......

My Skoda Fabia vRS had to go in for an oil change last November.

A few days before I took it in I checked the oil level-it was slightly down. But thought they will top this up at the service.

I had the service and brought the car back home. Then checked the oil-it was as black as it was before (been told the oil goes black from fresh within a few yards of driving)(OK)

But the oil was still at the (exact) level as it was when I handed it over earlier that day!

Rang Skoda Cannock-told me that they can assure me that the oil was changed. They had not changed it.

They are too slap dashy-this also goes with certain members of the sales staff!:mad: