Difference between fabia 130 Bhp RS engine and 101 Bhp TDI

Cybfox

Now this is getting interesting :)

Is there or isn't there an Intercooler on the 100pd TDI 74 kw ?

On the Belgian Skoda website, the intercooler is not mentionned for this engine, while it is mentionned for the RS...

But if I read the TDI FAQ on http://tdiclub.com/TDIFAQ/TDiFAQ-1.html section b, it says: The TDI engine is a turbocharged and intercooled diesel engine with "direct injection" -

:confused:

Now this is getting interesting :)

Is there or isn't there an Intercooler on the 100pd TDI 74 kw ?

On the Belgian Skoda website' date=' the intercooler is not mentionned for this engine, while it is mentionned for the RS...

But if I read the TDI FAQ on [url']http://tdiclub.com/TDIFAQ/TDiFAQ-1.html[/url] section b, it says: The TDI engine is a turbocharged and intercooled diesel engine with "direct injection" -

:confused:

YES there definately is an intercooler - I owned a 100pd. In the owners manual and brochure release it describes the engine spec as having an intercooler - YES YES YES. Sorry to rant on...........

Get that chip in there quick.

:)

YES there definately is an intercooler - I owned a 100pd. In the owners manual and brochure release it describes the engine spec as having an intercooler - YES YES YES. Sorry to rant on...........

Good ! I suppuse the intercooler is uprated on the 130

Get that chip in there quick.

Need to get the car first :) can't wait till Saturday..

Good ! I suppuse the intercooler is uprated on the 130

Need to get the car first :) can't wait till Saturday..

Glad we got that one sorted... I think the 100 will surprise you especially in third gear. Even after this discussion you may even want to give it some time before you upgrade it. My last car just started to loosen up around the 10000 mile mark, then it really started to fly.

D

Glad we got that one sorted... I think the 100 will surprise you especially in third gear.

D

I think Chris will vouch this is a good gear when chipped. I took him from 25mph up to 85 in the same gear - the gear just keeps pulling to the redline - bloody excellent!

:thumbup:

There is an intercooler in every TDI. The >>I<<< letter actually means that there is an intercooler on board. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I can only be both handsome and clever some of the time, so I'll stick to being gorgeous from now on. (incidently the red lettering stands for the engine power. 'I' is 100/110bhp, 'DI' is 130bhp & 'TDI' is 150bhp although you are more likely to notice this on VW diesels than the Skoda ones).

incidently the red lettering stands for the engine power

Come on! I've written once that I was not precise in that post.

I put red 'I' but I could also put green blue or whatever...

I just meant that the intercooler is in every TDI engine (not like in TD). It is also in 90bhp TDI which is actually with the black 'I' ;)

I didn't mean that 'I' stands for Intercooler!!!

Oh well, I can only be both handsome and clever some of the time, so I'll stick to being gorgeous from now on. (incidently the red lettering stands for the engine power. 'I' is 100/110bhp, 'DI' is 130bhp & 'TDI' is 150bhp although you are more likely to notice this on VW diesels than the Skoda ones).

My PD100 Fabia has a red DI on both the boot badge and the black engine cover. Is this standard, or was the previous owner a bit of a dreamer? ;):D

Chris

I think Chris will vouch this is a good gear when chipped. I took him from 25mph up to 85 in the same gear - the gear just keeps pulling to the redline - bloody excellent!

Yep 3rd gear becomes a very flexible gear (even more than it is already ;)) and the car generally pulls a lot harder lower down and mid-range. :D

:thumbup:

Chris

Sorry but this information is not totally accurate.

A red DI on a Golf/Polo can mean 100 and even then Cars do not come from VAG badged, the dealers do this. Don't forget there was also a 115 pd tdi and this was badged with a red D and I. Incidently the 150 was always badged with a red TD and I.

Don't wet your pants over this though.

D

Don't wet your pants over this though.

D

No chance of that happening!!

I had heard that you could state whate badge you wanted when ordering, but I was generalising.

No chance of that happening!!

I had heard that you could state whate badge you wanted when ordering' date=' but I was generalising.[/quote']

Yeah who gives a rats all I know is that my car kicks some serious ASS in third gear, I took it to 4000RPM today and was quite surprised.

And it's not badged with a red t d or i keeps people guessing by the time they've figured out what it is I'm gone lol.

Sorry let me make an amendment 'kicks some serious ASS in 2/3/4/5/6th gear'

D

Ah!, I wondered where the blue ones were.

It signifies the no intercooler version of the 2.5 tdi lumps used in the Transporter.

Having said that, the new T5 Transporter that has just come out has the hp on the badge as well as the TDI.