Seen my first new Fabia ever!

And it wasn't at a Skoda dealer either. Had the good fortune to be behind it in slow traffic in Exeter yesterday afternoon. It was in that bluey grey colour and was a 1.2 HTP Fabia 2.

First impressions? Yeah, looked nice. Could see the fabia mark 1 origins in the boot, although there were obvious differences. It had decent alloys, looked quite tall but not overly so. Fabia badge looked quite funky so tempted to get one for the back of the mongrel. :D

Still waiting for my first chance to actually walk around one that is parked up, but I do quite like it. :thumbup:

I've still not seen one in the metal , so to speak , since the launch! It must be 6 weeks ago now! I don't suppose losing our Skoda dealer 4 years ago will have helped my chances , either.

I've seen three so far: two on the road and one at my local Skoda dealership. As a result I have raised my car budget by about a third although it might be that one or two come around second hand by the time I actually have the funds for a car of any sort.

Dave

I have only seen 2 since launch a red one out and about in bradford and we had one as a loan car whilst our fabia was in getting fixed..again! :)

Pretty nice cars didnt feel like there was a lot of drivers side window and the 1.4 diesel was noisy.

Must admit was pretty pleased to get the old fabia back was also sick of hearing oh a fabia crashed the other day and there was cake ..etc etc :)

I live in Skoda county - Lincs. There's bunches of them here BUT I have yet to see any new Fabs on the road and today I saw my first Roomster - hardly a success story?

For me the Skoda magic has dissipated. When I bought my 1.9TDI in '02 it was anarchic to drive one, now it is ordinary and I also got ****ed off keep having to get it repaired. So I bought Japanese - a Toyota Auris. It is so boring it is anarchic to be so ordinary. 57 mpg, 130 bhp, 125 mph, smoother, quieter, less expensive servicing, better dealer; I can stand all the jibes about being nondescript and so on.

Eat your heart out Skoda - you started to believe your own publicity.

I saw a new one the other day, however it was white with plastic wheel trims and emblazoned with a local security company logo. Not the best introduction to the new Fab I'm sure you'll agree.