Hi everyone

I have a 98 1.3 GLi (68bhp) and recently had my timing chain renewed yet i have an ongoing problem with flat spots when accelarating.

Basically when the engine is warming up it is very jerky between 3000-4000rpm and does not accelarate smoothly. Once the thermostat opens and the temprenture gauge returns to the halfway point this problem disappears and pulls relatively cleanly right up to full revs.

My idle when warm after ensuring the valve clearances are correct is pretty much perfect which leads me to think there is a problem with a sensor somewhere. Idle when cold is pretty much what i would expect and very sli

slightly rougher. I have cleaned the throttle body in situ with carb cleaner, have recent new NGK plugs and notice from previous history that the throttle body was completely renewed in 2002 (35k ago).

Any ideas?

(By the way a big thanks to Dauphin as i now have a replacement tailgate in exact same colour waiting to be fitted to my car although heart was punding when there was a minute to go on ebay!! ;) )

I have exactly the same probliem with mine after doing the timing chain... although mine was also doing this while warm and if i sat and revs it up it would splutter about so i loosended the dizzy and twisted it to the right slightly as i wasnt sure it was lined up properly but that was just how it clicked into place after doing the chaing... and presto! sorted!!

My felicia has a coil pack in place of a distributor and i initially thought it was maybe that.

However i think i have cracked it. On the back of the throttle body there is a sensor and when i removed the connection i noticed a lot of white corrosion. I wiped it with a dry cloth and put it back together and drove from Cumbria to Newcastle upon Tyne without any issues so i am hoping that it was just that.

I will give it a good clean with electrical contact cleaner and a cotton bud this weekend and then fingers crossed!!

:cheers: